Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DirecTV vs Viacom

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work for DTV and I thought with all the controversy and complaining going on I would take some time to answer any questions anyone has!! So ask away! and please remember that if you wake up tomorrow and those channels are not available, the representatives that you are calling and yelling at, have no control over the situation so please treat myself, and my coworkers as humans!

UPDATE: so just so we are all clear with Ms. Perfect that kept telling you that you wouldnt lose your channels (which we all know now is not true) i NEVER stated that it was a permanent loss! DTV and Viacom are negotiating to see if they can come up with an agreement to get those channels back on asap. they are not letting you out a contract because it does state in your contract that channels may be lost or gained at any time HOWEVER they are offering $5 off for the month of July and free encore channels...for more information you can visit either dtv or viacoms fb page or got to directvpromise.com ill be glad to answer anymore of your questions!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM

no it will stay the same..or atleast thats what i was told

Quoting AJMcGuire:

i don't want to lose those channels. if i do will my bill go down..

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Glad I don't have direct shit tv
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I'm not the OP, but my DH works for them as well. You weren't notified because there's nothing you can do, and they had no reason to notify you because this happena EVERY YEAR. It's like yearly enrollment with insurance companies - every year the networks renegotiate their contracts. They only tell you now to get you to call DTV and flood their phone systems so the networks will have leverage. But it makes no difference. They will come to an agreement regardless.

Quoting Anonymous:

you knew about this for some time. Why are we not informed until 24 hours before? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Why am I paying $100 and now I won't have nick MTV vh1 spike etc?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM
You haven't worked for DTV for too long, have you?

Quoting Anonymous:

no it will stay the same..or atleast thats what i was told

Quoting AJMcGuire:

i don't want to lose those channels. if i do will my bill go down..

Mami2oneboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM
If we won't have the channels anyway why does it say to call direct tv? Is that gonna help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
This question has nothing to do with this agreement or anything. But can a dish on a tripod be set inside an apt,as long as it has a clear path facing south?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_hawt_mami
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM
I just Seen it before your post lol

Quoting Anonymous:

im not really sure why they didnt tell anyone until now. they tried telling us that it has been across your screens for over a month but i have  friends and family with dtv so i knew that wasnt true. they also expected an agreement by now

Quoting Anonymous:

you knew about this for some time. Why are we not informed until 24 hours before? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM
No, it won't help. You will lose the channels for MAYBE a day, but likely not even that. They don't actually care if you call, they aren't keeping score. So don't bother.

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

If we won't have the channels anyway why does it say to call direct tv? Is that gonna help?
1_hawt_mami
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM
This made me laugh lol

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Glad I don't have direct shit tv

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN