Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Ed: In the Bedroom - "Happy parents have sex with each other."

Posted by   + Show Post

After a baby is born, it's totally normal for mom to have little to no interest in sex - after all, her body's been through HUGE changes, including postpartum hormonal ups and downs.

But this can leave dads feeling neglected, which can in turn cause both partners to feel emotionally disconnected.

This is an episode you should watch with your partner (or at least send him the YouTube link!). And then you should plan a date night - preferably a date OVERnight.

sexy

Common new-mom misconceptions about sex and intimacy are revealed at 4:30 into the video. Do any of them sound familiar?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Just had baby # 5 and I was ready 4 weeks pp. DH is awesome but super tired from work so I had to wait until the time was right for the both of us. Even though I am tired each night, I'm so in love w/DH I want to jump his bones every chance I get.
Ama1987
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:16 AM

We wait 40 days at least for a boy and 80 days at least  for a girl. It's Abba's law and it works for us! I've had a DD and DS.. 

turtle68
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Blech....IMO Daddy can just keep his dick where he needs to for the period it takes for the womans body to give the green light....or he can buy some tissues and lotion and spend some quality time in the bathroom.

It works better than saying..."hey honey, Im not up to it but hey because you are a hurting let me give you a blowjob"  Another downhill ride for women around the world.  JMO :-)

BratPunk
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Unfortunately for me even almost 3 years after the birth of our first son my sex drive is NO wheres near what it was prior.... it is personally annoying for me because i know how i was prior and i can't seem to get out of this funk so to speak. I understand that stress doesn't aide in the situation, i work long hours, dh is a sahd due to work related injury that we are battling for over 2 years now along with lawsuits and all. But somethings gotta give. Moat of the time dh and i only have sex Fridays and Saturdays if we are lucky. I feel bad because it never used to be this way where i would rather be sleeping than have sex. But still to this day i still dont feel confident about my body image which i think has a great deal in some of it.... i feel so lost sometimes and really bad for my dh because of how i feel (either so tired or just completely not interested in sex unless i get a decent "warm up") dh and i have known each other for about 14 years now.... in the beginning nothing could stop us so to speak and wanted to jump each others bones as often as possible and i am still as in love with him as when we first met.... i am just lost and confused in aspects of our sex life... unfortunately we don't have such a great support system near us so that we can have a date night every so often and don't really trust too many people that are close to us to watch ds. The last time we actually just had time for us/date night was over a year and a half ago.
BambiF
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I had a great sex drive after dd, all the way up to having dd. now ds is 8.5 months and I'm still barely ever in the mood.
Luckily my dh has ALWAYS had a low libido or else we'd be in sad shape. We're at least both on the same level and are fine with only having sex afew times a month lol. We get lots of cuddles so it's all good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vixen42
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

get real,if men had babies they would never want to have sex again

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

After the birth of all 4 of my kids...I couldn't wait to jump his bones again. But, that's just me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Dad needs to get his head out of his butt and realize he isn't the center of the universe. Get over it! She doesn't have a sex drive, learn to communicate without it! Grow up! Sex is not all that is in a marriage, if you don't have a good relationship without sex, you'll never have a good relationship with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Im only 26 but I have no sex drive left in me.

I have 5 childrn all under 8 but I don't blme them for me not wanting sex...I just don't want it. My SO hasn't spokn 2 me in 3 weeks coz I won't have sex with him and we haven't slept in the same bed for over 6 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)