Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I admit I get jealous of his ex and their kids at times.....with edit

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought about posting anon but I figure wth....I am human and this is how I feel. I get slightly envious of df's ex and their kids at times. He pays a good amount of his paycheck to childsupport. The rest of his check covers rent and not much else. So we depend on my checks to cover utilities, food (for his kids as well when they are over), and whatever else we need. I just had a baby but had saved what we would need to cover expenses before I went on leave. We haven't had any extra money to do anything exciting this summer. Of course with the new baby that would have been hard anyways. So the most my dd has done this summer has been swimming in our apt pool. Right now his kids are in Texas enjoying Six Flags, ziplining, and exploring caverns with their mom. Their mom recently told df she needed help with their school clothes. Huh, she has money to take them on a 10-day vacation but needs help with clothing. Honestly, we don't really have the money right now to help her out. I am stressing about how I am going to get my own dd clothes for school. Until I go back to work at the end of this month we are on a very strict budget.

It just bothers me that his ex and their kids are always off doing fun things like going to the movies, going on vacation, and to theme parks. The kids are also always coming over with brand new clothes, shoes, and toys. And we struggle just to make ends meet. My dd wears hand me downs and hasn't done squat this summer.

I understand none of this is his ex's or kid's fault. The main issue is my income. I am actually looking for a better paying job. But I am still slightly jealous and wish I could provide the same for my daughter.

Rant over.

Edit: I wanted to clarify....my daughter is not his. So for those who keep saying "his kids came first"....ummmm no they did not. They may be older than her but on my side she is my first priority. I have the same responsibility to her that he does for his other children.

Also, I do not expect him to support my dd. I never said that. What I am trying to explain is that we share a household. We are both responsible for maintaining that household. He is responsible for paying rent and other bills just as I am. He pays support and the rest of his income goes to bills. So if he has nothing left over after support and bills then where do you suppose the money for "extras" comes from? We actually combine our income and expenses. We don't consider our money mine and yours but can you understand what I am trying to say?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Replies (111-112):
CFSTBSM27
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Well I don't think your wrong and I feel that way sometimes DF don't have children together and likely will not. But wat can you do I don't think too much about his ex or their kid. I made the choice to be involved and maybe I'm lucky things run so smoothly there's near 0 drama. But anyways I wish you luck jealousy is human nature no ones perfect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM

than go after that dad for some child support. 

if you get cs, than time to get a new trade, empower yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN