Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Opinions on Redshirting!??!!??!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 0 Replies

I've actually never thought about this till the other day seeing it on 60 minutes i believe and i'm kind of shocked that it's becoming a trend more and more. My opinion on it is that it depends on the child and if they need to be held back or not, not doing it so they can be ahead of the other children. I've seen where a lot of parents are saying it's the best thing they ever did for their child and that may be true but in some cases i just don't get it. Like my aunt saying she wished she held her daughter back because her daughter stresses about school work cause she is a "perfectionist" not because she is doing bad she is amazingly smart and does really well in school but I think it's wrong to hold your kid back on purpose so they have work they already know so they aren't so "stressed" it gives no challenge and she would have been very bored repeating or holding off on kindergarten. She didn't hold her back she just wished she did even though her daughter is doing great in school right now. The valedictorian of my class was the youngest person in our class. his bday is in august right before school started. my cousins bday is in july so she was always one of the youngest but was sooo smart, she's getting her masters right now. All i'm saying is I think it's weird for parents to hold back on purpose if it has nothing to do with academics they just want their child to be older because they think that will mean they will do better. anyways there's my view just wondering what you ladies thought because i know it's becoming somewhat of a controversial issue and sorry if someone has already posted about it that i missed.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)