Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One More Night....... (sensitive topic)

Posted by   + Show Post
I finished the song that I wrote for my mom. I wanted to share it with you ladies first. <3

My brother is currently writing the music for it, but I figured i'd'share the lyrics.

My brother will play his guitar, while I sing the song at my mom's ash-scattering ceremony.
(Just to explain... My mom always had movie nights w/ me & my siblings. We would order dinner from a nearby pizza joint (pizza plus) & each of us kids got to take turns picking movies. This is collectively one of mine & my siblings favorite memories with her)

ONE MORE NIGHT

She held her three babies,
Bobby picked a horror flick again,
Three school aged children,
Our movie night began,
Pizza Plus hot dogs,
Snuggled up real tight,
And he said: Mommy, can I sleep in your arms tonight?

A picture of beauty,
Christy floats down the stairs,
A Homecoming angel,
Our mom's eyes filled with tears,
She grew up so quickly,
It just didn't seem right,
She said: Mom, I will be back home tonight.

(Chorus)
Life is full of unfair things,
You'll see....
Every candle loses it's light.
So when the angel calls,
Spread your wings,
There is no reason to fight,

Unless........

Three full grown babies,
Stood by her Hospice bed,
Two hands on each of hers,
Another one on her head,
We dozed off together,
Just like our school aged years,
We all held eachother,
And wiped away our tears,
One last sleepover without her....
Wouldn't seem right.

So I begged: Mama, please hold on for one more night.

***My brother knows what he's doing music wise.... So, if there is line repeats, or he chooses to repeat the chorus, then that is on him.... I can't wait to hear the finished product! :*)

If you know anything about song writing, any added advice would be super helpful! Thank you! <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

ok this made me cry thats the 3rd time today  1st time was the pet post about do pets go to heaven the 2nd time was a article i read that upset me about a 4 yr old being raped now this  rip  dear mama!!

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Your not mentioned?
Robe739IsBack
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Since I wrote it, *I* am the one in the last verses saying "I begger her". ;)

Quoting rosemagic01:

Your not mentioned?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is beautiful...and my tears say that it is touching and heartfelt...

skylaelise12
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful song! Your mother looks just like Gwyneth Paltrow here!

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I initially wanted to put some of her ashes in a necklace. Then my family disagreed, because they seem to think all of her ashes should be in the same place. :/

Quoting hplesha:

Well, at least she will be where she loved to be the most. What if you kept some of her ashes?? Just a thought. Df has small urn things of his grandparents.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Well, if I had MY way, i'd'keep her ashes to myself. -_- BUT, before she passed, she asked that she never be "a mantle piece" in someone's home. :/

So, to carry out her wishes, we are spreading her ashes on the lake that we all grew up on. Durning her sickest time (in the hospital before Hospice) she spoke of how those years were her favorite memories. <3

Quoting hplesha:

Where is the ashes going to be?

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Definitely! We plan to have our performance video taped on august 11th. :). Thank U!!! <3

Quoting hplesha:

Awesome. I hope we get the chance to hear it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Well, i guess you can't please them all.. but at least you have a spot to go relax at. If i was turned into ashes, i would want to be spread in lake Michigan up in traverse city, michigan. that is where i relax best, even though it is 4 hours away

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

I initially wanted to put some of her ashes in a necklace. Then my family disagreed, because they seem to think all of her ashes should be in the same place. :/

Quoting hplesha:

Well, at least she will be where she loved to be the most. What if you kept some of her ashes?? Just a thought. Df has small urn things of his grandparents.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Well, if I had MY way, i'd'keep her ashes to myself. -_- BUT, before she passed, she asked that she never be "a mantle piece" in someone's home. :/

So, to carry out her wishes, we are spreading her ashes on the lake that we all grew up on. Durning her sickest time (in the hospital before Hospice) she spoke of how those years were her favorite memories. <3

Quoting hplesha:

Where is the ashes going to be?

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Definitely! We plan to have our performance video taped on august 11th. :). Thank U!!! <3

Quoting hplesha:

Awesome. I hope we get the chance to hear it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN