Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update: I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I really want an abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've had 2 traumatic emergency c sections with both kids. They left me with nightmares at least 2x a month, dreaming that I'm pregnant and feeling utter despair and fear. I always wake up before dreaming the actual operation. I don't think anyone understands the paralyzing fear csections give me. My therapist says its PTSD because they were both unplanned emergencies. I was on birth control, the pill. I took it religiously. Dh even used condoms. Fml
I want to die. I'm so fucking scared. I'm setting the appointment with PP tomorrow. Dh agrees.

I had my appt this morning. I'm going to take a pill starting tonight since its still early. I feel 100% relief. Thanks for those with helpful words. As far as getting my tubes tied, I demanded my ob to do it before my last section but she said there was no way shed do it under the duress I was under, plus im only 23. So now, I talked to PP about essure. I'm going to call my insurance as soon as its over and ask. And FYI, no bc is %100. My nurse said she's had 5 patients this past year that got pregnant while in essure or had tubes tied (2 were even using condoms!!) Chances are small I'd get pregnant on essure and condoms, but with my luck...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
teenmomandpr587
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

do what you think is best for you. 

Rose87
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this
This.

I had 2 emergency c sections and never had the issues you're mentioning BUT everyone reacts differently.

That being said, abortion may cause MORE trauma to you.
While I'm pro-choice, I personally find this reason to be bullshit.

Quoting pittiesmom:

Have you considered that the abortion procedure may result in more trauma for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're less than 8wks you can do the abortion pill, which considering your trauma will be much easier on you so if this is for sure you need to hurry and get in.
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I'm soooooooo sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Congrats on the abortion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yikes.  Maybe you should have your tubes tied or your husband have a vasectomy as well if you are that terrified of having another baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If this was a possibility, you should have taken measures to PREVENT the pregnancy, NOT end it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

your body your choice doesnt mean i have to agree with you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM

You will regret it. I had one done at 8 weeks and will regret it forever. But i couldn't do anther high risk pregnancy

amber710
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM
4 moms liked this

What if you end up with dreams about the child you aborted? It is also a major procedure and causes depression and PTSD in many women. I would think it would be easier for you to plan a c-section and work with a therapist for 6 months or so leading up to it. That way you are completely in control of the situtation without your baby having to die.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN