Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update: I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I really want an abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've had 2 traumatic emergency c sections with both kids. They left me with nightmares at least 2x a month, dreaming that I'm pregnant and feeling utter despair and fear. I always wake up before dreaming the actual operation. I don't think anyone understands the paralyzing fear csections give me. My therapist says its PTSD because they were both unplanned emergencies. I was on birth control, the pill. I took it religiously. Dh even used condoms. Fml
I want to die. I'm so fucking scared. I'm setting the appointment with PP tomorrow. Dh agrees.

I had my appt this morning. I'm going to take a pill starting tonight since its still early. I feel 100% relief. Thanks for those with helpful words. As far as getting my tubes tied, I demanded my ob to do it before my last section but she said there was no way shed do it under the duress I was under, plus im only 23. So now, I talked to PP about essure. I'm going to call my insurance as soon as its over and ask. And FYI, no bc is %100. My nurse said she's had 5 patients this past year that got pregnant while in essure or had tubes tied (2 were even using condoms!!) Chances are small I'd get pregnant on essure and condoms, but with my luck...
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
CatherineNewton
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

so abort the baby

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I've been on the pill and I haven't got pregnant. And I know things happen blah blah but that's really bs, seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I had 3 traumatic, emergency c-sections. EXTREMELY terrifying. And I would have STILL not considered murdering an unborn baby because of that!

Quoting Anonymous:

She said they used birth control.

I had a traumatic horrible c-section . That was just terrifying . I have also had a planned , calm abortion.no comparison.

Quoting Anonymous:

If this was a possibility, you should have taken measures to PREVENT the pregnancy, NOT end it!

Micole1084
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I have to agree... Anyone I know has NOT regretted thiers either. She should do what's best for her.. I bet if she said she needed Public assistance to take care of it everyone would be singing a diff tune!

Quoting AquarianPath:

Why do people keep saying "you WILL regret it" Most women who abort, do NOT regret their decisions.

OP, I've aborted twice. PM me if you'd like to talk, hon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Just sharing what happened to me. Not everyone does but same will. Like i said i can understand the OP's stand point. I have had 3 high risk pregnancies and couldn't do a 4th.

Quoting AquarianPath:

Quoting Anonymous:

You will regret it. I had one done at 8 weeks and will regret it forever. But i couldn't do anther high risk pregnancy

i've had two abortions, and don't regret either one. You don't know if she'll regret it or not. The most common emotion after an abortion is relief.

unspecified42
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

So get one. Why would we care what you do with your vagina? And if you are so terrified of birth that you would abort your child, why wouldn't you sterilize yourself?

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Planned c-sections can be much less traumatic, especially if you find an OB who is sensitive to those who have PTSD and other issues surrounding birth.  It can be done, although I completely respect that it is your body, and your choice.  I would, however, encourage to at least look into this possibility.  I know of a few woman on message board I am a member of who have had traumatic birth experiences and have gone on to have other children with different care providers, and I know it has made a huge difference.  If you pm me, I can give you the URL of this board.  It's not a pro-life board or anything like that, don't worry, in fact, the ladies there are very pro-choice and respectful.  They are, however, very wise about issues like this can be a great source of support and encouragement.  

In any event, I wish you all the best and respect whatever decision you make. :)  I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

It's the same thing with any sort of decision you have to make for yourself. Off topic, but I hear all the time that a girl losing her virginity early she will regret and I don't regret losing mine. They are projecting their feelings on someone else. "Oh, this would make me feel horrible so it must make other people feel horrible."

Quoting AquarianPath:

Why do people keep saying "you WILL regret it" Most women who abort, do NOT regret their decisions.

OP, I've aborted twice. PM me if you'd like to talk, hon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

then get one. if it's in your family's best interest.

laura_sims
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I am sorry you are in this position. 

Do what is best for you and your DH 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN