Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

((Cat Question)).... For all you cat lovers i need answers!!!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 22 Replies
Okay.... Sooooo DH an i got DD a cat about 3 or 4 months ago. Of course we brought it in the house an got all kinds of spray shampoos, flea collars an what not. Well, the damn cat has fleas so bad i had to kick the cat out! He's a great outside cat but its so stinkin hot that i felt really bad for him. So i bought more flea sprays an even made DH give the cat a bath in flea shampoo! The cat stayed in the house 2 days an the house is crawlin with fleas again! I have no idea HOW to get rid of these fleas so this cat can be inside! My question is how do yall get yalls cats clean? And how do yall get them to stay clean? Does petco or a pet store get rid of fleas on animals, like would they keep him till he is rid of fleas? I just wana help this cat out plus kinda spoil him an make him a house cat cause hes way too pretty to be outside all the time plus hes just a sweetheart! Please give me some answers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
If you have carpet you might want to get flea spray or powder to put there because they live in the carpet
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to a vet and get a good medicine for fleas. The sprays and collars at the stores aren't really very good. 

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Call a vets office and get some flea medicine from them. We use advantage for our cats and it works great!

Stop using the spray in shampoos and what not. Cats clean themselves really well and don't need all the extra stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girl_incognito
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Treat your carpet and the pet bedding.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Get meds from the vet treat house cat and yard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

It could be you guys bring them in. I say that because fleas can catch a lift into your house if they live outside. So you could be sending the cat outside but they're still coming in on you guys. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I get medicine from my vet for the fleas and ticks. I forgot how expensive the medicine was, at our last place the fleas couldn't survive there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

You need to take her it to the vet. They can give you something better than over the counter brands. They also have Capstar that will help kill them almost instantly. You need to treat your house. A cheap trick I learned was to pour salt all over your floors and carpeting. Lots of salt and let it sit 48 hours then vacuum up and dispose of outside in a trash bag. You can google it.

jandyrodax
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Awe, poor kitty! 

If you have carpet try some Borax. 

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

These ladies are right - wash the bedding like crazy and bomb your house.  It sucks because then you have to wash everything but that's all you can do, really.  You can do the powders, too, for the carpet but depending on how bad it is, you might want to bomb to get your upholstry and whatnot.  While your house is being bombed, you can have your cat at the vet being treated.  Collars don't always work, but you can do a pill or a drop.  My cat is strictly in door but we have a dog, too, so I worry about her bringing them in but we haven't had any issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)