Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son and his feeding issues

He has a wellness check for when he is 2.5 years but because of his eating issues, I have made an apt two weeks from now

Here is link to a previous post

I love my son so much that this just breaks my heart. I can't just sit back and do nothing. I am in tears because of my worry. I hope something can be figured out.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16881442/my_too_small_toddler_with_age_added_sorry_and_another_eta_on_bottom_in_blue_eta_in_pink_on_bottom

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Replies (21-27):
KitT.Kat
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I didn't go through the whole other post but can you add protein powder to his smoothies? If you get something like muscle milk, it tastes pretty good and you can easily add several hundred calories to a smoothie. Peanut butter, bananas and coconut oil are other good smoothie additives that pump up the calories without making it taste bad.

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I've had the same issues with my ds for 4 years. Up and down. He's been close to a feeding tube multiple times. It is stressful. He's going to a feeding clinic Thursday. This is our last step to try before a feeding tube.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Quoting sammygrl77:

I've had the same issues with my ds for 4 years. Up and down. He's been close to a feeding tube multiple times. It is stressful. He's going to a feeding clinic Thursday. This is our last step to try before a feeding tube.

hugs hun and best luck

Toxic.Stardust
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Good luck! My 2 year old goes through phases where she won't eat much, but not like marc. (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Good luck! My 2 year old goes through phases where she won't eat much, but not like marc. (((hugs)))

ty

been crying

btw apt in 2 weeks for me too and i wiill go over ppd

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Hugs and best of luck to you too.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting sammygrl77:

hugs hun and best luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Welcome to my world! My dd has had feeding issues since she was born. they are not so severe she requires a feeding tube , but she only eats about 5 things total. no more no less. she is 11

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN