Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do hobbies affect your marriage?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

What are your hubby's hobbies?  Do they get on your nerves or do you just go with it?  My hubby is a disc golfer.  If you dont know what that is, it's like regular golf only with frisbees (dont call them that call them "discs").  He also plays guitar/ sings.  His hobbies dont get on my nerves that much unless it takes away time from the family I feel he should be spending with us.  He's pretty good at doing hobbies in moderation though.  My hobbies mostly include the computer.  I've written and illustrated some of my own childrens books and I'm putting together a website to promote them.  I'm also on CM a lot!   I think he wishes I spent less time on the computer, but he really doesn't ever say anything about it.  

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starburst72
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

he is a computer gamer, sometimes its an issue

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

BUMP!

beerabitch69
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Nah. He plays golf and guitar. I like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Not now he's got someone worth looking at!

Quoting Starburst72:

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband only has one real hobby, which is fishing; the only time I get annoyed with it is when he goes without me- because I flipping LOVE to go fishing :)

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM
He plays golf, bass and video games. I don't mind any of them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

We support each other's hobbies.  I like to see how happy he is when he is out shooting ot kayaking or biking.  His happiness makes my heart happy.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

he gardens and we both do art. its a positive thing in our marriage, we inspire each other and we like creativity. i also read a LOT of books. i bike ride and he plays basket ball and golf. we both enjoy boating, kayaking and nature and sky watching (stars and space). we also play cards. we do a lot together and we also have our own thing.

pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM
We actually have a band together so that worked for us. We did start to drift apart and he ended up cheating emotionally so through counseling it was recommended we share a new hobby. We chose fishing! So we go out one night a week and sit and fish and talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not now he's got someone worth looking at!

Quoting Starburst72:

“If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)