Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My thunderstorm confession.

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 26 Replies
My home HAS to be clean, a meal has to be prepared, I carry a lighter at all times and at least one candle must be ready to light in each room during an evening thunderstorm.

Anyone else do this?

And this really is a wonderful thunderstorm tonight. Heavy rain and lots of lightning. I am just sitting here enjoying the light show outside my front door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm scared of thunderstorms! Way too many bad experiences.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Nope, I don't do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britt80
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
House clean of obstructions and we have an emergency kit, with a flash light ready. Lighters and candles, check. Stash of food, check. Water. Check. I also live in Missouri where tornados like to frequent. So no, you're not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NESmith63
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I love thunderstorms!! Especially at night. I'm not prepared as that but the second it starts storming I plug my phone it to charge. So that way I will automatically have a flash light so I can get the candles lit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamerinluv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thunderstorms are pretty to see.....but scary.

ninja_squirrel
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure i know where flashlights are just incase. open a window or door if iys covered and enjoy :D i love thunderstorms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Lucky! I wish we had some thunderstorms like that! I love listening to them and then watching the lightening as well!

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I just need a closet or bathroom to be cleared out so I can hide...haha...

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Do you have a thunderbuddy? Lol... I hate thunderstorms personally but I just sleep super close to my husband or dog those nights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I a flashlight in designated spots or carry one and have a plan for a simple meal in the back of my mind in case the lights go out. If I am cooking something that takes awhile and its supposed to be a big storm I want it done before its supposed to hit. Thats about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)