Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the stereotype 'guys can't be friends with girls' still exists?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies

DH and I were watching a show and he got to thinking about the stereotype "guys can't be friends with girls because it will lead to sex." It kind of pissed him off. He says if the guys has sex with the girl friend, then obviously the girl is having sex with the guy friend so where does that stereotype come from? The guy is just as guilty as the girl. It takes two to tango...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM
My very best friend is a guy. Been best friends 14 years!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

i think some people are so insecure that they dont believe its possibe. my hubby has female friends and i have male ones. its all good and no sex going on

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

to a degree

i dont trust most women as far as I can throw them so there is only a few girls i actually trust to be friends with DH

psychobilly_mom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Well Dh's friends from H.S all act "whorish" around him with the exception of the few who are lesbians... so no I don't think men could befriend a women in an innocent way. o_O 

ShesALady
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I have an awesome guy friend that I've known for years. My girls call him Uncle. I would never ever get with him and he wouldn't either. He's in love with my cousin even though they're not dating. But we don't go hang out by ourselves now that I'm married. My husband would be there or mutual friends. That's just for my husband's comfort. Not because I don't trust being around him. And I agree with your husband. If the guys hooking up than so is the girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by Amanda on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends, if there was ever a connection, sexually.  My husband grew up with this one family and he's really close to her, she lost both of her brothers in seperate car accidents and he was best friends with them.  It can happen, be strictly platonic, but yes, the stereotype still exists.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Well, my husband and I started out as best friends lol. But I also have another guy best friend and its never been sexual w us. Not that he never tried lol (before I got w dh)
little.worthen
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM
It depends. My husband and I are only friends with married people, I mean we have single friends of the opposite sex but we never talk to them or see them..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meand5
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I don't think that kind of friendship can work... eventually they will have sex if only one time but it will happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My best friend is a guy and my bf's best friend is a girl. Neither one of us feels anything sexual for the other and vice versa, so ya I totally think guys and girls can be friends :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured