Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

money issues need sugesstions- no bashing ty *update2*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My hubby works full time 35-40 hours plus he goes to college ( he gets fin aid we dont receive money from his school). I did work, in the same place for 5 years, until 2010. Been unemployed & cant find work since then. We have 4 kids 13, 9, 5, & 2 together living here with us. He gets like $500 bi-weekly, I get aux. benifits $450 monthly, $219  monthly unemployment, $200 child support monthly, we get $211 food stamps (no cash). We are trying to figure out how not to be broke all the time, but there is little public transportaion where I am it would take 3 buses about an hour to get where my car can get in 15 mins. Plus we really want off of PA

Our bills: rent $695, comed $80, Nicor $40, phone $25, car payment $240, car insurance $60 monthly, gas fare about $150 monthly, internet $25 monthly.. we were thinking to turn intenet off, but my hubby takes online classes for school, my step son does web cam with his mom, and that would mean our only tv would be dvds.

Plus got to get household needs soap, shammpoo etc.

I allready signed up for a cheaper phone plan it was $50 monthly, I also got our car payments lowered it was $296.. I just dont know what else I can do to stop being so broke especailly when they just took half out food stamps away. we were getting a little more than $400 monthly. I have been seriuosly looking for a job but dont have a ged & I have some learning issues so kinda hard to get work. sugesstions please-

UPDATE: I do have to also get food $200 monthly, school needs, household needs etc, my unemployment is going to stop in August) I cant sell the car i am making payments on I would still have to pay on loan & wouldnt have money for another car.! I didnt include stuff like netflix which is only $7. We dont have anything left normally, but then again I did have a legal fee I had to pay I have asked to stop paying on that if they say no I have to pay $50 bi-weekly for three more weeks. Yes I am working on getting my ged, DH should graduate end of next year.

RIGHT now- I have $291 in my account bills that are due comed, nicor, insurance. The car payment of $296 was paid new payment of $246 will start Aug. Phone was paid, $50 legal fee was paid

money coming IN : about $1800 monthly ( as of  this Aug $1581 because unemployment is stopping) money going out (regularly) $1490

.I have allready added  in  the food stamps (sorta) it takes $400 to fed my family of 6 Two adults, one  boy teenager, two girls, one small boy ( plus I fed my 14 yr old twice a week)  they give me $211 I , I buy $200 of food.    As of August thats $91 to live off of.. for 6 people.. before it was $310 "extra" after household needs it is zero..

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Replies (61-62):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Have him find a new job, he's brining in minimum wage. Barely.

That's crazy.

Sorry, no advice except to have him look for work. There has to be something that will raise his hourly pay.

he makes $11 an hour & I am stating what he brings home after taxes.. he is going to college so he can get better job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I hate it so much for you, but as you are no doubt aware by now, there is simply no way you are going to be able to support a family of 6 and sometimes 7 on $11.00 an hour in your area. No amount of pinching pennies or cutting coupons is going to allow for more than survival rations  without an increase in income or increase in PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

he makes $11 an hour & I am stating what he brings home after taxes.. he is going to college so he can get better job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)