Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hey! The new neighbors got a dog!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

And it's been barking since 6 o'clock this morning! And just my luck, they've just gone to work. 

The dog sounds like it's locked in the bedroom next to mine (we live in a townhouse) and it will. NOT. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP!

It's my day off at 7am now and I can't sleep in. The dog is going at it so loud I can't even drown it out with the AC. -_-

If you're a dog owner, and you just let your dog bark, don't be a dog owner.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenny_Penny89
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Aww :(
Id be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM

That sucks! I would put a note on their door informing them that the dog barked all day. Hopefully they will do something about it.

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Give them some time to let it get adjusted.  But not more than a week. THEN bring it to their attention.  Nicely.  Yeah it sucks, but it sucks worse to have neighbors who hate you. 

jshalas89
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I'd be PISSED! Idk what you could possibly do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Hate that! Do you have a number you can call them at? There is nothing worse than having to listen to someone else's dog yapping. I do not let my dogs bark at people or be a neusance to others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM
This is why I don't think dogs in apartments/townhouses are a good idea at all.
It's a new pet, it's going to take time to get used to things, it's humans have to work and it is confused, ok. But obviously someone, or multiple someones are going to hear it through the walls all day. It's just inconsiderate! Bad enough when they are next door in the neighbors yard, but in the house with you.......i know how thin the walls can be!
lauraand3kids
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Oh wow! I may would call the cops if need be. I hate you have to go through that. I told my husband I did not want a dog for that very reason. But he didn't listen. Ugh.
Kymbi
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

As a doggie mommy, who usually takes the dog's side in any given dispute, I would have to second the advice to leave a note on their door. Try to be as polite as your sleep deprivation and frayed nerves due to barking will allow. But this baby sounds like he is probably suffering a bit of separation anxiety and adjustmenrt and there is a good chance that his owners do not know that he is spending his day barking. You really can't expect them to take care of a problem they do not know exists, so I would let them know ASAP.

I would hazard a guess that they have him shut in a room (the one next to yours) as a means of confinement to let him adapt and/or housetraining issues. Maybe asking politely if they could at least switch rooms for him if they cannot control the barking would help. Personally, I would also include a list of local doggie daycare numbers.

KristyCat
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I'm not sure where the dog came from because this is the first time I've ever heard it. I might leave a note because this is unacceptable. It's STILL going. I figured it would tire out at some damn point.

My mom has a dog but he's super quiet unless someone's too close to the house, but then again he is 9yo.

Kymbi
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:35 AM

It is unacceptable both for you and the dog. His stress shouldn't cause you any of your own. Unfortunately if your city ordinances and townhouse complex is anything like ours, there is nothing "official" that can be or will be done during daytime hours. Here a barking dog is only considered a nuisance or noise problem between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM.

But if the owners are any kind of responsible pet owners, they are not going to want him to be so upset or nervous or stressed or whatever he is anymore than they want to disturb you. Hopefully they will do whatever they can as soon as they know there is a problem.

Quoting KristyCat:

I'm not sure where the dog came from because this is the first time I've ever heard it. I might leave a note because this is unacceptable. It's STILL going. I figured it would tire out at some damn point.

My mom has a dog but he's super quiet unless someone's too close to the house, but then again he is 9yo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)