Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Texas Momma's!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 70 Replies
I know this is confessions but I need some advice and this is my most active group!!!

Tell me about where you live!!!!

My husband graduates at the end of August with his liscense to be a police officer and we are trying to decide where to go.

We currently live in Lubbock and were thinking about trying to keep it within 500 miles but I wanna know about the whole state lol. He said it was my choice as long as it was in Texas :)

Any advice would be helpful!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Bump!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I live in San Angelo. I like it here. Its a midsized city so we have plenty of stores and restaurants and stuff but it is not super crowded with horrible traffic like bigger cities. Also we are close enough to big cities to easily make day or weekend trips. San Antonio is about 3 hours away and Dallas is about 4 hours. And people here are very friendly. The only other place I have ever lived is Odessa when I was in college. I do not recommend living ther lol. That city has the worst drivers in the world and you will pass by an accident every few minutes while you are driving. There are also a lot of very rude people there, and there are still a lot of openly racist people (not just whites, although there are plenty of them, but also racist blacks and mexicans.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Anything in north TX, its not gana be hard to top Lubbock, that place sucks!
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!!! We considered San Angelo while driving through it a couple of months back. It's good to hear the opinion of someone who lives there.

Quoting gcstar42:

I live in San Angelo. I like it here. Its a midsized city so we have plenty of stores and restaurants and stuff but it is not super crowded with horrible traffic like bigger cities. Also we are close enough to big cities to easily make day or weekend trips. San Antonio is about 3 hours away and Dallas is about 4 hours. And people here are very friendly. The only other place I have ever lived is Odessa when I was in college. I do not recommend living ther lol. That city has the worst drivers in the world and you will pass by an accident every few minutes while you are driving. There are also a lot of very rude people there, and there are still a lot of openly racist people (not just whites, although there are plenty of them, but also racist blacks and mexicans.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM
We actually like it quite a bit but I can see why you would say that. We grew up 45 min from here though and want to move somewhere new now that we have the opportunity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anything in north TX, its not gana be hard to top Lubbock, that place sucks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I despise Norheast Texas.  DO NOT MOVE TO A NORTHEAST TX SMALL TOWN.

Dallas is full of pretentious Whole Foods dogooders, drugs and stupidity.  Fort Worth is better.  Austin/ San Antonio are nice with loads to do as a family/ for kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM

San Antonio...so far it's okay. Drivers suck tho. People are rude especially at events for the city. If he's a police officer he will definitely be busy here lol

Good thing tho is there are a lot of fun things to do here. Food places, family places,  shopping places...just lots of fun things to do as couples, family, or even alone. 

lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Haha thank you. We know we dont want a small town lol. San Antonio has been the topic of many conversations however. We went there on a mini vacation for mothers day and loved It!!

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I despise Norheast Texas.  DO NOT MOVE TO A NORTHEAST TX SMALL TOWN.

Dallas is full of pretentious Whole Foods dogooders, drugs and stupidity.  Fort Worth is better.  Austin/ San Antonio are nice with loads to do as a family/ for kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in north east TX its soo boring this area is like the old antique 1928 time period lol its all like that until you hit Dallas which is two hrs from me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Thank you!!! We do love San Antonio. Can you tell me anything about the cost of living there. Average rent ect.

Quoting Anonymous:

San Antonio...so far it's okay. Drivers suck tho. People are rude especially at events for the city. If he's a police officer he will definitely be busy here lol

Good thing tho is there are a lot of fun things to do here. Food places, family places,  shopping places...just lots of fun things to do as couples, family, or even alone. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)