Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I know this is confessions but I need some advice and this is my most active group!!!

Tell me about where you live!!!!

My husband graduates at the end of August with his liscense to be a police officer and we are trying to decide where to go.

We currently live in Lubbock and were thinking about trying to keep it within 500 miles but I wanna know about the whole state lol. He said it was my choice as long as it was in Texas :)

Any advice would be helpful!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
austin is a great city!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM
We're in the dfw area and are pretty happy here. Wanna go a little further south, but not too far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Thank you. We really don't want something like that. The town we grew up in was like that lol.

Quoting jaimier012:

I live in north east TX its soo boring this area is like the old antique 1928 time period lol its all like that until you hit Dallas which is two hrs from me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Is it really expensive there?? My husband would love that.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

austin is a great city!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Is it expensive there. Like rent ect. I love the idea of Dallas lol.

Quoting got2monsters:

We're in the dfw area and are pretty happy here. Wanna go a little further south, but not too far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:05 PM

It's actually pretty good here. There are a lot of all bills paid places so that of course helps families out. I pay $550 all bills paid. My place isn't the best but it's pretty roomy for just me and my kiddo. 

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Thank you!!! We do love San Antonio. Can you tell me anything about the cost of living there. Average rent ect.

Quoting Anonymous:

San Antonio...so far it's okay. Drivers suck tho. People are rude especially at events for the city. If he's a police officer he will definitely be busy here lol

Good thing tho is there are a lot of fun things to do here. Food places, family places,  shopping places...just lots of fun things to do as couples, family, or even alone. 

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I live 30 mins from the coast. It is humid here and when it rains, the mosquitoes get horrible. The beaches are also nasty. Lots of chemical plants too. I don't recommend coming here lol. 

Ctink8189
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Quoting gcstar42:

I live in San Angelo. I like it here. Its a midsized city so we have plenty of stores and restaurants and stuff but it is not super crowded with horrible traffic like bigger cities. Also we are close enough to big cities to easily make day or weekend trips. San Antonio is about 3 hours away and Dallas is about 4 hours. And people here are very friendly. The only other place I have ever lived is Odessa when I was in college. I do not recommend living ther lol. That city has the worst drivers in the world and you will pass by an accident every few minutes while you are driving. There are also a lot of very rude people there, and there are still a lot of openly racist people (not just whites, although there are plenty of them, but also racist blacks and mexicans.)

my DH is from San Angelo :) we lived there together for a year or so before deciding to move back to Houston when i get preggo. He misses it sometimes
lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Wow that is less than we pay here and we have to pay our own electric. Thank you so much for the information.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's actually pretty good here. There are a lot of all bills paid places so that of course helps families out. I pay $550 all bills paid. My place isn't the best but it's pretty roomy for just me and my kiddo. 

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Thank you!!! We do love San Antonio. Can you tell me anything about the cost of living there. Average rent ect.

Quoting Anonymous:

San Antonio...so far it's okay. Drivers suck tho. People are rude especially at events for the city. If he's a police officer he will definitely be busy here lol

Good thing tho is there are a lot of fun things to do here. Food places, family places,  shopping places...just lots of fun things to do as couples, family, or even alone. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Yah Dallas is, but smaller towns around it aren't too bad.

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Is it expensive there. Like rent ect. I love the idea of Dallas lol.

Quoting got2monsters:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN