Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was this just F-ing Rude or What?? Rude comment on fb pic of my dd? *pics* ETA in blue

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted some pics of my dd on my fb page, i do a post monthly bc she's 8 months old. I think she's cute, she's mine. She has a genetic eye condition that causes her to be very teary and sometimes causes bad pain. She's very light-sensitive. This woman, who is my son's aunt (my ex's sil), said "she always looks teary..." that was the entire comment. I guess just saying that she just looks teary and maybe that's the only thing she notices about the pics of her? I found it rude, my dh said it didn't seem rude. This is the only comment she has ever left. I think she could have kept that to herself. Is it the first thing you notice about her and would you find it to be a rude comment? The first pic is the one she left the comment on.

i'm sure i was being sensitive. dh said it didn't sound rude but i thought it was uncalled for especially since it was the only comment she has ever left. thanks for the nice comments about her. i did explain she had a genetic eye condition and her response was "will it go away on it's own?" i told her it wouldn't and told her about the condition. the only reason i thought it was rude was bc it was the only comment ever left. also for clarification she's not related to me she's my son's aunt on his father's side. my ex's sil so she's not blood related to him either. i didn't start anything with her, i just told her about it. i don't do the drama thing i just wanted to know what you might think if someone said that. thanks for the responses though, all of them. i agree i was being sensitive about it.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I don't know. I think she is beautiful. She reminds me of one of DD's friends. She has the same eye color and shape, and she is gorgeous also. Ignore that chick and don't worry about it.
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I think she's gorgeous! At least she's not cross eyed or something lol although that would be cute pics too. I think for her only comment she ever made it was kinda rude but I would just let it go, she prolly didn't mean for it to sound that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
This

Quoting brettsmomma:

instead of being offended I would use this as an opening to explain her appearance and her condition. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super_mom_5
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

she doesnt look teary to me. she beautiful and i would just ignore her. she is probably wanting to piss you off.

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Also, think you're being way over sensitive to the comment.

morisa32
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM
She is beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don't think it sounds rude. Maybe she doesnt know the whole story, babies cry, so she just thought she had been crying. She's a very pretty little girl, the lady didnt say anything mean or nasty, just what she noticed. Explain it to her, or don't, either way dont let it leave a chip on your shoulder.

meka26
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don't see the eye problem at all. She's beautiful either way!

Jenny_Penny89
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Yeah... This... :-/

She is soooo adorable though!!!!!!!

Quoting Amybelle:

she's cute but it DOES look like she's just finished a good hard cry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I'd delete the comment. I think she is beautiful! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)