Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My promotion makes me sad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I work for a very small company. 150 employees nation wide, over 17 sites in 6 states.

I started there a year ago, as an entry level employee - but due to circumstances, I was doing management work. I basically opened our site a year ago when the contract was signed.

Due to all of this, I am kinda famous within the company. The 20 ( now 21) year old girl with no experience opened and ran the only site in my state that is not in jeopardy of losing the contract with my client.

Everyone in the company knows my name, every email that pertains to my site, I am copied on and most of the time, it is sent to me and my boss is copied. Everyone from corporate calls me to ask me questions or work on projects with me over my supervisor. My supervisor tried to give me HIS raise. He talks me up to corporate like crazy.

Sites across the country call me for help with site compliance documentation, help with cost savings, I am the only non management employee that has had the opportunity to attend manager weekends at resorts around the country every quarter.

I personally saved the company 100,000 dollars this year ( July to July )

As you can see - I am valued in my company, I love my job, and I have a pretty big ego when it comes to my job. I know I am great at it!

Today, I was informed by corporate, that I have received a promotion to assistant manager, as well as being placed on "The fast track to corporate management" . Training beginners next Monday with hopes that i will be working for the corporate office in 12 months.

All of this sounds great, right? Well I am kinda sad. Instead of being the famous, 20 year old girl that had to beg the company to give me a chance, and showed them that I was worth the investment. I am going to be just another assistant manager doing my job and training for corporate.

Of course, the money has doubled and im happy about that - but I like being a big deal

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Being a big deal doesn't pay the bills as well as money does!

Love060708kids
by Amanda on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I think that you'll always be a big deal, that's why they want to put you on the fast track or maybe you will motivate the new employees since you'll be the legend :)

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Congrats :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM
You have accomplished a lot. Don't minimize your success.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atherianos
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM
if you're that good u will continue to be a big deal, plus now u have a new challenge..be excited congratulations ยก!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I get it. Going from being the big fish in a small pond, you are a big fish now in a pond with other big fish.
trust me, you will quickly outgrow that pond too. It wont be long before you are the big fish again, and now you will have a broader reach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Thank you guys so much! I guess I am kinda anxious, going from peer to boss. Up until now, I could tell the crew to do things, and they did it out of respect for me as a person. I don't want that to change. I know it will, I know they will have to respect me as a boss.

Lol I am getting everything I ever wanted, but I am so nervous.
kzuehlk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Congrats! You should be proud of yourself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured