Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Just Took All of My DD's Toys and Clothes Away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Well not all of her clothes, I did leave a few outfits.

Anyways my DD is almost 5 and I'm just about to my breaking point. She has been so completely hateful lately and her behavior has been awful. 

She tells me almost every day that she wants a new mommy or daddy. She refuses to do anything we ask her to do. (example - tonight we asked her to pick up the toys in her room)  Spending time with her used to brighten my day, now I have come to almost dread it. 

I've tried doing special things for her, I've tried time outs, I've tried talks.......

nothing works.

I miss my little girl.  : ( 

And I feel like the worst mom in the world because I don't know how to fix this. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starburst72
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

good luck momma, i personaly think she is too young for this to work.but i hope it does

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You are probably right, but I just don't know what else to do anymore. 

Quoting Starburst72:

good luck momma, i personaly think she is too young for this to work.but i hope it does

Starburst72
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

its a tough age for sure. my son was very defiant. we used both corners and sometimes spankings and just had to be exhaustingly consistant. in the end it worked. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are probably right, but I just don't know what else to do anymore. 

Quoting Starburst72:

OnTheCrazyTrain
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
im going through the same thing with my 6yo, i was like you til i found out where it stemmed from. Maybe shes acting out bc there is something deep down she needs you to find out and fix for her bc she cant tell you or fix herself? Just a thought. As for me and my dd i cant fix it til next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mr.scariesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Good luck hope it works out. My son has autism so everything is a battle with him. We r experienceing the terrible twos with our youngest right now too so there is a bunch of time outs and stop doing that said around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Why her clothes? I get the toys,...but clothes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyes_mama
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
A little bit before my DD turned 5 I did the same thing!! I took away all of her barbies except 5, all doll except 4, all littlest pets hip animals except 10, all doll houses except 1. EVERYTHING else was thrown away, put in a garage sale or put up where she couldn't get it.

She could earn back some of her toys with good behavior or going a day without getting in trouble.

Start a chart pink at top, then purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red. Have her get a clip. The goal in our house is to be green or above. If your below you loose things. Above you earn things. Explain why she would go up or down every time.

We also have a written out list of simple rules, 1. Clean you spot at table. 2. No toys in livings oon after dark ect ect. If a rule is broken then clip goes down. If all rules are followed she goes up by one or two.

It helped with our dd but it took some time. I started watching super nanny with my Dd and pointing out whatshe was doing that the kids on tv were doing. It hit home seeing what it looked like. I also googled homelessness and showed her that. To show her how it could be. You can PM me for a ton more things we had to do. There were other things going on too that caused the bad behavior that we didn't see until later.

But stick to your guns. Don't give all the toys back bc you now feel bad for et for what ever reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

because she will take them and throw them all over the floor just to make a mess. I'm taking away the opportunity. 

And I did leave her some clothes, I just took away all the extras. 

Quoting vrbtnseele:

vrbtnseele
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Oh okay. My DD does that, but she's only 15 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

because she will take them and throw them all over the floor just to make a mess. I'm taking away the opportunity. 

And I did leave her some clothes, I just took away all the extras. 

Quoting vrbtnseele:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Maybe you could modify this and try something like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured