Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Just Took All of My DD's Toys and Clothes Away

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Well not all of her clothes, I did leave a few outfits.

Anyways my DD is almost 5 and I'm just about to my breaking point. She has been so completely hateful lately and her behavior has been awful. 

She tells me almost every day that she wants a new mommy or daddy. She refuses to do anything we ask her to do. (example - tonight we asked her to pick up the toys in her room)  Spending time with her used to brighten my day, now I have come to almost dread it. 

I've tried doing special things for her, I've tried time outs, I've tried talks.......

nothing works.

I miss my little girl.  : ( 

And I feel like the worst mom in the world because I don't know how to fix this. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (21-26):
Sunshinebee2
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I was a kid like that my mom hit her breaking point a lot

My mom finally decided i could have my room the way i wanted but i had to make sure not to leave anything laying around the house. My room was an absolute mess for a long time but now that im older im really anal about cleaning
(i added the last part to show that i was a messy kid but i grew out of that)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielle888
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I definitely think she wants more of your attention and she got it! I would give her specific instructions as to how to behave in order to get her stuff back. If I did this to my son - well I'm not sure what he would do but I don't think it would work well for either of us. Are you staying calm and cool with her? I know that I get more attention from being calm and matter of fact with my son than I do when I am angry. Also try to remember she's just a little girl and is testing you.. sometimes I know I forget my son is only 6 years old. I have no idea- I'm sure you know her better than we do. Good Luck.....I am picking my battles as it is soooo hot outside and we are mostly indoors together all day long...

girl giving flower

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM
This! We and BM went through this with my SD. she was having bad dreams and not sleeping well. acting out and being mean, saying I.hate you a lot. her moms ex husband to be was always mean to her and when he got mad at her mom he took it out on her. Not physically abusive just verbal. She was acting out because she scared he was going to come back. Now that she is assured he's gone for good and never has to see him again she is much better"

Quoting OnTheCrazyTrain:

im going through the same thing with my 6yo, i was like you til i found out where it stemmed from. Maybe shes acting out bc there is something deep down she needs you to find out and fix for her bc she cant tell you or fix herself? Just a thought. As for me and my dd i cant fix it til next month.
Love060708kids
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My daughter is the same way, she changes her outfits at least 6 times a day, she's become quite defiant, but she's such a sweet girl.  She cares so much about how other people feel, she breaks down if I tell her "Honey, you made mommy really sad today because you haven't been listening  and have been getting into things you shouldn't."  She will break down and cry and tell you that she doesn't know why she gets into stuff.

When she gets into things, usually the drawers in the bathroom, or destroys the bedrooms she is exhausted and ready for bed.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm so doing this when I get back from my moms house. 

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

Maybe you could modify this and try something like this.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Make her a most awesome chart. Put columns for behaviors that need to be improved. Give her stickers at the end of the Dag for all the good things she accomplished. Talk about why she didn't earn the others. Have a reward chart to turn in stickers.list the prizes she can earn and number. Of stickers needed to do it. Peel off the stickers she turns in.put the chart where everyone can see it and comment on how well she is doing.This worked brest for the kids I nanny for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN