Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Will My Family Think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Have you ever thought about dating out of your race but afraid of what your family and friends thought?What was your experience and did you decide to date them or not?

If you have never thought to date out of your race.How would you react if a family member brought someone home of another race?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Didn't care what my family thought. My family is very racist. But I found someone who fit everything I was looking for who was Arab. Their opinion didn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I would have had half of my family's support lol. My dads side has several biracial, homosexual, and non traditional families in it and I love it! My moms side is very traditional as in only white straight married couples that beloeve anything but a traditional union is wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Wow wish I had family and friends that were opened minded!It is nice to know there are people out there that are not so hung up on race.

bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I tried dating outside my race, but it just wasn't for me. My mom was quite shocked but I just didn't feel comfortable doing it. Glad I tried, the guy was nice but he wasn't for me.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM
My family wants me happy. And me being happy meant marring a mixed man :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never been attracted to anybody outside of my race but my family would disown me if I did.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the guy.  If my sis was dating a guy like obama?  whatever.  if she brought home flavo flav or hawever you spell it... that would be an issue. 

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I haven't but I don't think it would phase my family much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My family wouldn't give 2 shits who I dated. Man, woman, black, brown, white, yellow and everything in between. As long as I was happy and safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)