Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Had to call 911

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 38 Replies

My two year old likes to play with the pots and pans under my cabinet.  Well, the other night I put my pyrex casserole dish down there.  She took it out, and I saw it but never picked it up.

Somehow she managed to step on the pyrex dish and it slid up underneath the cabinet. Her little toes on her foot got lodged between the dish and the corner under the cabinet.  OMG, how?!  So, here I am trying to pry her little toes out, but I can't.  

So, what do I do?  FREAK OUT!!  I dial 911 because my daughter is screaming, her foot is stuck.  And, by stuck, I mean I cannot budge the pyrex or her foot.  Also, with how much it is stuck, I don't want to pull the wrong way and possibly injure her more.

The ambulance gets here and the paramedics walk in.  He got her foot out, and checked her foot.  She had horrible indintations on her toes, but she is just fine.  I almost felt embarassed to call 911 for something so small, but I couldn't get her foot out for the life of me.  The paramedic was so nice, and helped calm me down (I was pretty upset).

Anyway, that was my excitement for the day.  :P  I am sure I am not the only one who has had to call 911 for their child getting "stuck".  My friend had to call because her son got his head stuck in a dinning room chair, lol.  

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
That must've been so scary. Luckily I've never had to call 911 yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just what you should have done, too.  I'm sure they'd much rather come help you dislodge her foot than have you break her little toes trying to do it yourself.  

LBfashionista
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
In January of 2010, DS woke up feeling not so good & after an hour of him not wanting food, fluids, I was going to put him in a bath to bring his fever down since he was down to the diaper & still felt incredibly warm.

I turned around for a minute, when I turned back he was on the floor seizing! I flipped! I was home alone, panicked & called 911 - he spent most of the day at Children's hospital. Glad your situation wasn't as bad though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

That's what went through my head!  I was in tears freaking out.  I really thought her little toes were broken.  

Quoting Saille717:

That's just what you should have done, too.  I'm sure they'd much rather come help you dislodge her foot than have you break her little toes trying to do it yourself.  

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I'm glad you're little girl is okay.

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM
You probably did the right thing. I havent had to call for my kids yet, i have carried my 9 month old because her mouth was bleeding and i couldnt find where it was comming from, took 10 minutes for it to stop. Still no idea where it was from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I had to call when we moved into our apt. My son locked himself in his room. (door had a key lock) police officer was able to tell he had moved away from the door. Dh knocked the door down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadrama15
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Scary I would've freaked too! 

LilynAustin
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Oh my goodness!!  I can understand.  This same 2 year old (my poor girl!!) had to be airlifted to the Children's Hospital because she fell and hit her head last year.  It is incredibly scary.  I hope everything turned out okay for your son.  That sounds nerve wracking!!

Quoting LBfashionista:

In January of 2010, DS woke up feeling not so good & after an hour of him not wanting food, fluids, I was going to put him in a bath to bring his fever down since he was down to the diaper & still felt incredibly warm.

I turned around for a minute, when I turned back he was on the floor seizing! I flipped! I was home alone, panicked & called 911 - he spent most of the day at Children's hospital. Glad your situation wasn't as bad though!

Saille717
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I'm glad she's okay.  And the EMS people have access to tools and things that would have helped if she were stuck worse than she had been.  Far better to let them do it -- they've got the training.  

Quoting LilynAustin:

That's what went through my head!  I was in tears freaking out.  I really thought her little toes were broken.  

Quoting Saille717:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)