Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it is weird that so many

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Of you moms freely post pictures of your children for strangers.
Having your children out in public is not the same as allowing people to stare, store, share and alter your childerens photos.
By questioning how do I know if no stranger is taking their picture doesn't prove a point. Only that I take measures to prevent it and by posting your pictures everywhere online isn't preventing or protecting your child.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
Aurora-Dove
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

yeah public is way more dangerous...those strangers can actually snatch your kids, these strangers can just look at pics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being out in public and posting a picture is different

Quoting sPiCyNiNjAkItTy:

Why not? I'm proud of my babies. I take them out in public too.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Situational awareness.

Quoting jas_momof2:

How do you know someone hasn't snapped a pic of yours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Already said that taking your kid oit publicly isn't the same same posting a pic online. Do you let strangers take pictures of your kids out and about for their amusement and pleasure to look at later?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

im proud of my little man, i dont throw a blanket over his head when we're in public 

My father in law was arrested for 3rd degree exploitation of children.99% of the moms never knew he took the kids pics.He took pics from his apartment window of them in the swimming pool.From his car while they were on the playground at school.

They have not even found half of the kids he took pics of and he is in north charleston south carolina still taking kids pics and masturbating to them.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM
We went to Sea World in San Diego in 2008. There was a Japanese couple that took pictures of my son (almost 2 years old). We thought it was funny. They loved him.
Quoting Anonymous:

Do you let strangers take pictures of your kids and have it stored on their cellphone to look at whenever they want?

Quoting PaperClip811:

Do you keep a blanket over yours or just never let them leave the house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

lol... dude............ you hit video record and then pretend your on the phone........ youre not even LOOKING IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION.  I did that exact thing when dh and I were house hunting and he asked me to do a drive by of a house that was for sale and get some pictures of it.  I felt like a freaking creeper so I did that! Its not that hard to do....   they could be in a window looking out.... youre NOT going to see everyone...   smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Situational awareness.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Already said that taking your kid oit publicly isn't the same same posting a pic online. Do you let strangers take pictures of your kids out and about for their amusement and pleasure to look at later?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

im proud of my little man, i dont throw a blanket over his head when we're in public 

ChicagoMimi
by Mimi on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Also, do you take your kids to the grocery store, bank, or to malls with you?

They have surveillance cameras, so not only are there possible pictures of your kids floating around but video, too. *GASP*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

uhhh.... *whispers*  not thinking youre helping our argument here landt..

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Situational awareness.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

My father in law was arrested for 3rd degree exploitation of children.99% of the moms never knew he took the kids pics.He took pics from his apartment window of them in the swimming pool.From his car while they were on the playground at school.

They have not even found half of the kids he took pics of and he is in north charleston south carolina still taking kids pics and masturbating to them.

alissaplusthree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you let strangers take pictures of your kids and have it stored on their cellphone to look at whenever they want?

Quoting PaperClip811:

Do you keep a blanket over yours or just never let them leave the house?

There is nothing you can do about it if  it's in a public place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

if you knew nothing and it was just some werid sicko, how did your marriage and family almost not recover?

Quoting Anonymous:

No amount of money could get me to ever post a pic of me or my family online again. Some "educated" creep took my pics from Myspace and photoshoped them, and made his own little family for all his work and  family to see.  My marriage and family almost didnt recover, never again.

Long story short:  My SIL found the guys business on FB (he lived several states away), he had ONE pic of my daughter and I, that led her to his personal page, she found many pics of me, him, and my two daughters (all photo shopped). This nutcase even told "stories" about our days at the beach, with details about where what "we" done.  His own mother commented that the girls were growing so fast and she had never been able to meet they yet. As far as I can tell this went on for two years.  He had taken pics from my old Myspace account.  At the time my husband belived that I had an affair, because in the time period I accounted for the pics, he was required to travel for work.My husband moved out (at first).  I emailed the guy and NOTHING I said did any good.  In the end I hired someone to track him down at his work (he worked in a lawyers office and in law school).  My husband did come around and things are great now. 

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

uhhh.... *whispers*  not thinking youre helping our argument here landt..

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Situational awareness.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Actually,I don't see an issue posting pics.They will get them on the streets faster than on the web,It takes less time to snap a pic than to hunt one down.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM
In my case our children are commonly photographed by strangers which is annoying but part of our reality so we don't worry. If someone really wants a pic they will get it anyhow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)