Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is for all moms on SSI, food stamps, WIC, SSI, welfare or any kind of government assistance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 251 Replies
2 moms liked this

If you typically support the GOP (and I know a lot of you do) read this:

"If you want free stuff, vote for the other guy.  Nothing is free around here"  :    Mitt Romney

Any thoughts? The GOP is working to make drastic cuts in food stamps, that is first on their agenda.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starburst72
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM
6 moms liked this

Disability isnt free. You had to work long enough to qualify if you are disabled. 

i think that cutting back on PA, restructuring and new rules is a good thing

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM
18 moms liked this
I'm Republican, but I don't receive any public assistance. Good for him, we NEED to cut dependence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM
7 moms liked this
I think it's excellent. The percentage of Americans on food stamps since Obama came into office is staggering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
23 moms liked this
We need more jobs before cuts.
mommy2annaliese
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
39 moms liked this
Fuck the GOP and fuck Romney too. I don't want to live in a world where wealthy people shit all over everyone else. If he's president the 99 percent won't exist anymore because we will all starve to death. (not cause of no fs, but because him raising taxes on the poor and lowering on the rich and lowering them for companies that employ people overseas instead of here) he's a joke though and I honestly am not worried at all about him winning. Too bad the republicans didn't pick Ron paul he could have actually beat Obama. By the way by 99 percent, I mean it in the context that the occupy movement meant it as, not literally 99 percent, not to mention it was a hyperbole, so shut up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearscubed
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm just not voting at all.

HotMichMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, we really do need to change the way we do things in this country but as a politician, he should consider that things just are not that cut and dry before making a statement like that. Without completely overhauling the government and some of the fundamental principles by which it has been founded upon for years, cuts in funding in one sector will likely cause crisis in others. I do not claim any party affiliation by the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Yeah... Very true. I m not or have not ever used any services, but I know many SERIOUS abusers of them. The people I have been unfortunate to know are also very racist-they have cruel words for Obama for only one reason. They tell my kids to vote for the "white" guy. My kids are old enough and smart enough to know which candidate supports "these people" and they are so confused. Romney is NOT the answer when some many are on the system with no plan out. Sad, he seems smart enough to help in many ways, but he is against anything "liberal"...and assistance is just that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
3 moms liked this
This

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Fuck the GOP and fuck Romney too. I don't want to live in a world where wealthy people shit all over everyone else. If he's president the 99 percent won't exist anymore because we will all starve to death. (not cause of no fs, but because him raising taxes on the poor and lowering on the rich and lowering them for companies that employ people overseas instead of here) he's a joke though and I honestly am not worried at all about him winning. Too bad the republicans didn't pick Ron paul he could have actually beat Obama.
Starburst72
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)