Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids will not stop tormenting my husband!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My dh and I have been married for six months and my DDs,4 & 6, have been horrible to him ever since we got married. They won't do anything he asks of them, whether it's picking up their toys, brushing their teeth or asking to be excused before they leave the table. And it's not just stuff like that. The other day,DD 1 loosened the top on the salt shaker so that when he put some on his mashed potatoes,it all dumped out. She has also put shaving cream in his shoes, she colored with permanent markers all over his tan,very expensive leather briefcase. She also took his shampoo and put honey in it and replaced his cologne with vinegar. She's always been mischevious, but I have no idea where this stuff is coming from. DD 2 cries everytime dh asks her to do something. The other day he had to pick her up from daycare and she screamed and told everyone that she didn't know him and he was trying to 'steal' her. If I'm working at night and he has to give them a bath and put them to bed,dd 2 refuses to take let dh wash her hair,she says he gets soap in her eyes on purpose and screams bloody murder everytime he tries to brush her hair. She says it hurts, even though he tries to be gentle and uses the detangler spray. And trying to get her to bed is hell's own nightmare. She says he reads her stories wrong, he tucks her into bed the wrong way, he doesn't give butterfly kisses like Mommy does,etc.

I feel so bad for my husband,the kids were great before we got married, they even started calling him Daddy when we got engaged. I know this hurts my husband's feelings,because he wants to be their dad (their bio dad is dead) but my girls are just killing him. And we were talking about having a baby,but how can we do that when the girls are trying their hardest to run dh out????

HELP!!!!

Edit: The 4 year old does not pull pranks,she's just being a brat in general.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
TraceyMR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Sounds like they are afraid to trust he is going to stay. They also need to understand there are consequences to destroying things, especially things that don't belong to them.
Is their birth father(s) not in their lives at all, where is he/them?

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

im sorry but i laughed so hard and am still laughing at this part

The other day,DD 1 loosened the top on the salt shaker so that when he put some on his mashed potatoes,it all dumped out. She has also put shaving cream in his shoes, she colored with permanent markers all over his tan,very expensive leather briefcase. She also took his shampoo and put honey in it and replaced his cologne with vinegar. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I mean,it was kind of funny. Especially when he went to work smelling like vinegar.

Quoting mommysangelface:

im sorry but i laughed so hard and am still laughing at this part

The other day,DD 1 loosened the top on the salt shaker so that when he put some on his mashed potatoes,it all dumped out. She has also put shaving cream in his shoes, she colored with permanent markers all over his tan,very expensive leather briefcase. She also took his shampoo and put honey in it and replaced his cologne with vinegar. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Their biological dad is dead.

Quoting TraceyMR:

Sounds like they are afraid to trust he is going to stay. They also need to understand there are consequences to destroying things, especially things that don't belong to them.

misselphaba
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Your 4 and 6 year olds not only came up with that stuff to do, but had enough time to do it without being seen? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Your kids are monsters.  I'd run if I was your husband, honestly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Nope,this is really happening. It's just the 6 year old pulling the pranks, my 4 year old is just being a brat in general. I don't want to spank them, I only used that as a last resort.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, either this isn't really happening or you need to beat their asses.

debramommyof4
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Make sure they know that you will back him up on what he says.  If you tell them they have to show him respect and enforce it they eventually will.  I am sorry they are being like this.

JessicaEOH
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a last resort...your husband WILL get tired of dealing with your lack of parenting and leave...

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope,this is really happening. It's just the 6 year old pulling the pranks, my 4 year old is just being a brat in general. I don't want to spank them, I only used that as a last resort.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, either this isn't really happening or you need to beat their asses.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraceyMR
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I'm sorry for the loss for all of you.
Then my  (literal) Psych 101 class training has me thinking they are testing him and you both. Have you all been to couseling about bio-dad's death? If they are seeing how far they can push, it may help for them to use words or pictures to express themselves rather than acting out and defiance.
That said, take my opinion as it is, a mostly uninformed opinion from a stranger on the internet. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Their biological dad is dead.

Quoting TraceyMR:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)