Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soooo pissed! Parents lost 2 of my kids at Disney World

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I jist need to vent this out I guess but Im really pissed! My parents decided to take all the grandkids on vacay to Orlando and asked if my sis n law wanted to go too. We said awesome! Absolutly! But we figured they would be helping us watch out 5 kids during the trip. They have not. They are being totally inattentive to all of them. So much so that at Disney, they told me they had my 4 year old son while I was carrying my 3 year old SLEEPING daughter. They left him standing alone in a crowd at the drinking fountain. My sis and I did a quick head count and realized he was missing and I panicked! Long story short, he was found safe but afterwards my mom returned the stroller but heres the clincher....with my 3 year old still in it!!!! No joke! Then to make matters worse after I frantically ran to retrieve my baby girl she stood there laughing as this was a hysterically FUNNY situation! Im upset and feel they are incompetant to watch my kids at this level. Ahhhhh, ok. Rant over. How would you feel? Am I being too wierd about this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Replies (51-60):
mommykate4
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

hey i got lost at disney world..i was in the lazy river and went ahead of family and then lost them in the crowd i was 9 years old..my parents took my two daughter there this winter they were just 5 and 6 and they had no issues..things happen so i would tell them how it really hurt you and they need to step it up...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Sound! I meant sound!! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

seriously. This trip has been one lacking some common sense! Lol. I just pray we all make it safe and sounf! Haha

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

I'm sil we were all there and there are five children and for adults. My father in law took the for year old to get water and walked away that's why he got lost and mother in law returned the stroller. I'm sorry but when there are 5 kids 7 and under common sense would be that all the adults help and if one of the adults takes a kids to get water they don't walk away. We don't expect them to play babysitter but help when there are that many kids in a crowded place

Quoting :

tinkerbell_84
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Me too I'm done with the stress.

Quoting Anonymous:

seriously. This trip has been one lacking some common sense! Lol. I just pray we all make it safe and sounf! Haha

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

I'm sil we were all there and there are five children and for adults. My father in law took the for year old to get water and walked away that's why he got lost and mother in law returned the stroller. I'm sorry but when there are 5 kids 7 and under common sense would be that all the adults help and if one of the adults takes a kids to get water they don't walk away. We don't expect them to play babysitter but help when there are that many kids in a crowded place

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Right! Me too. Guess what!! I think the kids are too! Lol

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

Quoting :

tinkerbell_84
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I think all the kids are ready to go home. They seem exhausted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right! Me too. Guess what!! I think the kids are too! Lol

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tinkerbell_84:

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I would be pissed if I was in your situation. 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I think accidents happen and you are over reacting. In a place like that, it could have happened to you.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have been pissed at the lack of care they obviously showed for your children, and I would never do anything like this with them again!!! Once.. okay things, happen.. kids can slip away.. TWICE, in the same DAY?? and to laugh about it? Not cool!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM
That's what kid leashes are for. Strollers are so degrading for today's fashionable pre-kindergartener. It strips them of their decency.

Quoting heathermichelle:

Well in a big place like that and at his age, I would have had him in one. My daughter at 5 years last October used a stroller while we were there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, he's 4. Why would a 4 yr old need a stroller??

Quoting heathermichelle:

Why didn't they have him in a stroller?
psychobilly_mom
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I lost my bestfriend's 3 year old child about 3 times at Disneyland ... each time less than 1-2 minutes... that kid is fast. Go ahead and Bash... I learned my lesson and will not be taking anyone's kid to any theme park ...EVER! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)