Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PPD questions

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 26 Replies

So, my appointment is on Monday. What do they ask? What pills are given? What to expect. I am anxious.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll bump it, but I don't know anymore. Around the time I had ppd, there was a string of mothers murdering their kids in my state, so they were really on top of asking about symptoms. Paxil was the drug of choice at that time and it just made me tired and gain weight :/ Do some research on what you think you might want to take because there are so many more options now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I don't feel like hurting my baby but I really have a bunch of negative views of myself such as: If I die, it wouldn't matter to a lot of people...that I don't matter etc etc.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I take zoloft. It's safe for breastfeeding and it really helps. You may get referred to a therapist too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

First of all I don't think they give enough credit to lack of sleep.  If I were sleeping 6 hours a night I don't think I would have been near as stressed and depressed as I was.  I didn't want to hurt my baby either but I was angry and frustrated.  When she cried I just wanted to scream "SHUT UP".  I cried all the time.  I didn't have the strength to kill myself but I wanted to die.  I also pictured horrible images.  Like I would be crossing the street and I would see my stroller get hit by a car.  Then I would think, "what's wrong with me"?!  It's not like I WANTED that to happen,  but I still saw it.  I pictured my child dying in every way imaginable.  I was given zoloft and I felt like it helped...

Whatever you decide to do just know that there is help out there for you,  and you definitely matter.  I would care if you died.

Quoting champagne_rose:

I don't feel like hurting my baby but I really have a bunch of negative views of myself such as: If I die, it wouldn't matter to a lot of people...that I don't matter etc etc.

champagne_rose
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

First of all I don't think they give enough credit to lack of sleep.  If I were sleeping 6 hours a night I don't think I would have been near as stressed and depressed as I was.  I didn't want to hurt my baby either but I was angry and frustrated.  When she cried I just wanted to scream "SHUT UP".  I cried all the time.  I didn't have the strength to kill myself but I wanted to die.  I also pictured horrible images.  Like I would be crossing the street and I would see my stroller get hit by a car.  Then I would think, "what's wrong with me"?!  It's not like I WANTED that to happen,  but I still saw it.  I pictured my child dying in every way imaginable.  I was given zoloft and I felt like it helped...

Whatever you decide to do just know that there is help out there for you,  and you definitely matter.  I would care if you died.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Thank you and likewise

I do feel like dying would be better at times but I won't kill myself.

I do have added stress from living in a super small apartment. People who have came over say ohhh it is small. I would put up pictures but the world of cm would tear me apart even though it's clean and only has clothing on table.

heartnhidin
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I have suffered from depression for years. I know exactly what you mean about the death thing. As far as your apartment screw what people on here think. If they bash you they should offer to help pay for a bigger place.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Thank you and likewise

I do have added stress from living in a super small apartment. People who have came over say ohhh it is small. I would put up pictures but the world of cm would tear me apart even though it's clean and only has clothing on table.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
From what I remember, he just asked me how exactly I was feeling and what was going on. My main symptoms were excessive crying and insomnia, even after my son started sleeping through the night. He put me on Prozac because it was allegedly safe to take while nursing. I only had to be on it for five months because I started to feel much better after the first couple of months. I was exercising regularly which helped raise my seritonin level; I think that's one reason it didn't take me long to feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

they asked me how i felt, and they asked my mom if i was laying around doing nothing like not into family etc. ( if i was then it meant the full blown depression). She said it was PPD and gave me a prescription LEXAPRO but it no longer helps as i went back into full blown depression.:(

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM
They will ask you all those questions your are thinking.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I still live in a small apartment and we were in an even smaller one when my DD was an infant.  I NEVER invite people over.  I would be so embarassed.  Our apartment is like 750 sq ft and we have no luxuries like a dish washer.  It's an older building.  We also have tracked mud all over the carpet and I haven't bothered to buy a rug to put over it yet.  I've thought about renting a cleaner but I'm not even sure it would come out.  So the point of my story is you are not alone.  LOL  At least you have people to invite over.  I didn't,  and still don't really.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Thank you and likewise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)