Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, my appointment is on Monday. What do they ask? What pills are given? What to expect. I am anxious.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-26):
ashescee
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Never got pills. I was told to take mega strength vit d pills and see a therapist. I took the vitamins and it worked like a charm!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraschatz
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM
It's a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor. A kind of anti-depressant. It basically allows the "happy" chemicals in your brain to float around in there a while longer :)

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting lauraschatz:

They will ask how you are feeling, if you feel suicidal, if you are able to care for the baby. Don't be afraid to answer honestly. They aren't asking because they want to take the baby or have you commited. They just need to get an idea of where your at. My doc gave me a med I had taken before because we knew it would work for me. They will give you an SSRI most likely. You will start to feel a whole lot better in a week or two.
Good luck Mama. I hope you are feeling better soon!

ty btw what is ssri?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Our apt is around 650 and the living room is so small. Everything we need takes up space. I hate it. I can burp in the living room and then finish that burp in the bathroom. OMG, I hate how things track in so easily here. It is a pain to keep it up. I have to mop daily or at least every 2 days or so for it to not look horrible. We have the mock hardwood floor and so I use a wet jet so it's not really hard just frustrating.

The only people who have been here are friends who have dropped off stuff for me after I had baby and some things for pris then in laws, my mom and sister. I have had a friend come over but she lives in the same places so she knows how small it is. I still feel embarrassed regardless. It was most difficult when I was pregnant.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I still live in a small apartment and we were in an even smaller one when my DD was an infant.  I NEVER invite people over.  I would be so embarassed.  Our apartment is like 750 sq ft and we have no luxuries like a dish washer.  It's an older building.  We also have tracked mud all over the carpet and I haven't bothered to buy a rug to put over it yet.  I've thought about renting a cleaner but I'm not even sure it would come out.  So the point of my story is you are not alone.  LOL  At least you have people to invite over.  I didn't,  and still don't really.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

First of all I don't think they give enough credit to lack of sleep.  If I were sleeping 6 hours a night I don't think I would have been near as stressed and depressed as I was.  I didn't want to hurt my baby either but I was angry and frustrated.  When she cried I just wanted to scream "SHUT UP".  I cried all the time.  I didn't have the strength to kill myself but I wanted to die.  I also pictured horrible images.  Like I would be crossing the street and I would see my stroller get hit by a car.  Then I would think, "what's wrong with me"?!  It's not like I WANTED that to happen,  but I still saw it.  I pictured my child dying in every way imaginable.  I was given zoloft and I felt like it helped...

Whatever you decide to do just know that there is help out there for you,  and you definitely matter.  I would care if you died.

Quoting champagne_rose:

I don't feel like hurting my baby but I really have a bunch of negative views of myself such as: If I die, it wouldn't matter to a lot of people...that I don't matter etc etc.

Thank you and likewise

I do feel like dying would be better at times but I won't kill myself.

I do have added stress from living in a super small apartment. People who have came over say ohhh it is small. I would put up pictures but the world of cm would tear me apart even though it's clean and only has clothing on table.

justme782
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Never had ppd but feel i may get it this time...bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Pm me and we can chat. I'm glad your appt is almost here.
Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

thank god you are getting some help! you go girl.....i got help when my son was 3 mos old. they put me on zoloft

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN