Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And here we go. America fails again. (food)

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 238 Replies
2 moms liked this

edit. relax people i'm not as hatefula the post sound i am bored and wante attemtion. boho. whatever . anyway i love america and ur food and i was just venting. geez.

Ok, here i go. I am so freaking tired of America and not getting all the info on international stuff first before you go and make it here. Ihop really pissed me off. so they want to serve Swedish pancakes. tha fine but then do your research and make them swedish. Swedish pancakes(crepes) are suppose to be served with granulated sugar and jam (strawbeery. raspberry, or rasberry mixed with blackbery and strawberry) but NO, not ihop they wanna be stupid and serve it with lingonberry and lingonberry butter. uhm hello? we dont even have fucking lingonberry butter in sweden. did ya just go make that shit up or someting?  Swedish people use lingoberry jam or perserves on meatballs and mashed potatoes and gravy. But i bet ya did not even get the right info first did you?  and also the pastry "danish" comes from Denmark and it is not made with no fucking creeme cheese its made with vanilla pudding type or a boston kreme type filling... you dumbasses....Vent over. And next time America. do your fucking research......

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherrywaves21
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM
6 moms liked this
Kinda like how the Chinese food we eat is nothing like the food Chinese people eat in china? Yeah so shocking.
soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM
10 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tressakim
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the US.  The land where they really don't care and will do and say anything to get a sale.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM
18 moms liked this

Yes because pastries should never be altered to match the tastes and preferences of the people being served them, that it completely unexpected and crazy. 

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM
11 moms liked this
Going to any American chain and expecting authentic is asinine. That's like going to Taco Bell and getting mad BC it isn't authentic Mexican lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM
7 moms liked this

Seeing as this was my fault, I'm sorry.  

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Um, it's IHOP. If you want authentic Swedish food, go to a Swedish restaurant.

Anonymous
2 moms liked this
Ok. I'm sure people don't care as long as it tastes good. Lol
Anonymous

Kick's you in the ball's and run

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)