Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take SS8 to the ER or not????? NEED ADVICE

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 25 Replies

SS8 came home from daycare early today because he said his stomach hurt, and the daycare provider said he had been sitting on the toilet for an hour.  SS said he had pooped several times at the end of the day (between noon and 3) and didn't feel good.

He came home and ended up falling asleep right away for several hours.  He didn't have any other complaints, ate dinner fine, was playing in his room and watching TV.  Come 11pm his dad said he needed to get ready for bed.  He went to lay down, then started coming out every ten minutes saying he had to pee. Then he started crying and asked if he could go to his mom's house (not an option).  SS told SO that he hasn't seen his mom much when he is over there because she is with her boyfriend, and then he's outside playing with his friends all the time.

SO sat and talked with him for a while to calm him down but right after he left SS's room, SS was back up.

Now he's saying he feels like he needs to throw up, and pee but can't do either.

I think this kid is stressed out from his homelife situation (been the same for a long time) and he's making himself sick by being anxious.  He's laying on the floor watching TV now acting fine- except he keeps getting up quickly and acting nervous about what's wrong.  Then he goes in the bathroom and tries to pee/poop/vomit and says he can't.

Any ideas?

UPDATE

I ran to Walmart and got a "get better" kit for him ( the Kids' Pepto, new movie, some crackers, Pedialyte) and told SO to lay in bed with him.  He threw up immediately after taking Kids' Pepto.  Said he felt a bit better but his stomach still hurts.  SO is laying in bed watching the movie with him and he hasn't been up to the bathroom in over ten minutes- it's a record so I think maybe he just needed to throw up.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ManicAttack
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM

BUMP!

ManicAttack
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

BUMP!

.Laura10.
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Does he have a fever? Where in his stomach does it hurt? Is he having diarrhea or just regular poop? Keep him hydrated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I don't really know...I would probably wait it out. Here's a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Definitely not ER worthy.
Ph call to the doctor in the am, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiBell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I wouldn't go to the ER for this, but if it continues, a visit with his pediatrician wouldnt be a bad idea.

scraphappy12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you give him some kids pepto and baby him a little maybe he just needs a little reassurance right now. Nothing here is screaming ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Honestly if you're right about the stress & there is nothing physically wrong the only thing the er will do is give him ativan or another anxiety med & try to get him drugged enough to sleep with a follow up order for his pedi in the am
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Not ER worthy. He probably has a stomach bug and is empty but his body is still trying to empty out. Just keep him hydrated.
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Is he peeing? When is the last time he peed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)