Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too much? Too little? POLL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Is $50 a week:

Options:

Too much

Too little

Perfect

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I need a babysitter to watch my 4 month old dd for 3 hours a day, 4 days a week in my house while i work in my home office. She would not have to feed her because she's ebf and I'll nurse her on my breaks. Just keep her dry and entertained, mostly. I've never needed one before, and i don't know how much is appropriate for 12 hours a week. Is 50 dollars a week ok? 60? More? I don't even know where to start.

If you choose too little or too much, how much would be appropriate?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicky2911
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:43 AM

BUMP!

SJG1013
by SJG on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM

BUMP!

gum.drop
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

to little.... id want at least 10 an hr to commit that much time to your DD and make it worth my time at all.

mr.scariesmommy
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this
For 12 hrs a week its fine since u will be feeding her and the sitter is just for entertainment and changing diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM
It's summer. Find a tween to entertain her for that amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Perfect. Her time is worth something but you're doing the majority of the work. When she starts eating solids and/or your hours increase the fee should increase
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd say about $7 an hour. So 85 a week sounds more like it. Unless you're hiring a teen or somoeone who brings their own child, then more like $5. So $60 a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM
I'd expect $10 a hour. That's how much I charge and never get any complaints.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I have no idea but I am leaning towards too little.  I'm wondering who exactly would take that job?  If they need money they can make a lot more somewhere else even working minimum wage (guess it depends where you live min. wage is over $10 here).  It doesn't work for another Mom as it's in your house and I doubt you want all her kids there, a senior might do it maybe.  A young person would no doubt take it for now until something better came along and you would then be looking all over again. 

heathercm26
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM
I hired a 14 year old to com fir about 6 hour today because i was putting up hay gor my horses. She came yesterday too. I gave her 30 dollars for 12 hours. She would have done it for free cuz she likes to come. I fed her supper and snacks all day. Well i guess i just said eat anything and everything. Lol i did cook her supper. Then stopped for a sunday on the way home. She wants to cone tomorrow just for fun. I told her i dont have any work and cant pay someone to watch baby everyday. Sge said please ill do it for free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)