Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he kicked me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
Dh was being a jerk this morning. First he got mad at me because there was no money on his card. I didn't know that. I apologized, and then I fixed it. Then he got mad because our blender was broken and had been thrown away. I explained why, he was pissy about it. Yelling at me. Then the shakers were dirty. So I washed them. All the while he was yelling at me. Saying that "you're a stay at home mom, everything is supposed to be clean." he wouldn't quit yelling at me. So I told him that I wasn't going to sit there and be yelled at. So I went outside. He demanded that I come back inside. I would not. So he came out and grabbed me. He hit me into the door a bit as I resisted. I told him to let go of me. He wouldn't, so I used my foot to push him away. So he kicked my leg. He only wanted me to come inside so he could continue to yell at me. Because "sometimes you need to be yelled at"
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM
9 moms liked this
You need to leave. That's a prelude of what's yet to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kateshac
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Do you have friends or family you can stay with for a couple of days? Is this the first time he's acted that way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Sounds like a prick.. sorry.
Even if he gets mad, which everyone does, why the hell does he need to yell and become violent?
My husband gets mad at me too sometimes and the other way around of course, but we've never, ever come to a point of continious yelling or kicking..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Well, he's clearly an asshole.

I wouldn't stay with that, but that's just how I choose to live. I prefer loving relationships with respect and communication.

mamadrama15
by Vmama on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I agree. Sorry OP

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mamadrama15:

I agree. Sorry OP

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

me too...things will continue to escalate..

Charleereno
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Uh oh. It's been said already, but I'll say it too. That is how it starts. I am not sure it's bad enough to leave yet, but if I were you I'd have a bag packed with some clothes for you and your kid(s) and a little bit of emergency cash, and keep it somewhere easy to grab, and if he hurts you again you get out, go anywhere. For now try talking to him about it and make sure he knows you will not tolerate being treated like that.
IndigoRose
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I'll tell you straight because I suffered this same sort of thing with my ex-husband....

Your husband is abusive & controlling---and, it will only get worse.  An abuser has about as much chance of reforming as a meth addict.  

You need to think about getting free of him.  Be smart and plan for it.  You can't leave without money and make sure that you have important papers with you too : birth certificates for yourself and your kids, social security info, car title, insurance cards, etc.  

I'm not encouraging break-ups of marriage, but you could be hurt badly.  And, the psychological damage is almost as bad.  

I did a post about leaving an abusive mate in a cafemom group about Domestic Violence.  I'm sure you could find it on here.  The post was called :  "Getting Free Of An Abusive Jerk---Here's How To Do It !"...

Good Luck, Hon...  Be strong & respect yourself !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM

ive also had afriend that her dh (i use that loosely) hit her so hard she was knocked out then she came too he strangled her unenough to cause brain damage GET OUT PLEASE

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

The two of you need to learn how to handle conflict.  Both of you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)