Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Microfiber Couch Cushion Covers. UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok I am having an arguement with a friend that needs to be settled.

We both have beige microfiber couches. I was talking about getting mine cleaned and she told me to remove the covers and just toss them in the washer.

Everything I have read says not too, but she says she does it all the time and knows a lot of others who does it.

So have you ever taken the covers off and just tossed them in the wash? If so where they hard to get back on? What settings did you use?

UPDATE:  So I decided to try and wash them. and Pray a lot!  Did Cold/Cold rapid wash and then Medium temp dry.

THEY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER!!!  There are some stains that will probably never come out without professional help, but they look better than before.

The L- Shape cushion was a pain in the rear to put the cover back on.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
My mom has.
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM

everything turn out good?

Quoting BEXi:

My mom has.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
No but I am goin to try it!! How does her couch look? I saw something on pinterest that involved spraying alcohol & lots of scrubbing. I was going to do it, but ugh it looks time consuming lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I tried a trick I saw on pinterest. Spray them with 99% rubbing alcohol and scrub with a light colored sponge. When dry, use a scrub brush to soften. It really works.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quoting GreenEyePixie:

It seemed to! I had to help put them back on, but it was no easier or harder than any other couch cushions I've washed and replaced.
Aurora-Dove
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I get a bowl of warm water with a little dawn dish soap and a wash rag and wipe them down. My mom owns a furniture store and gave me my couch and these are the care instructions the manufacturer provides.

Dana333810
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I do it to mine. Just wash on cold/cold setting and you'll be alright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Her couches look good, but she could be lieing to me about how they get clean. I can't afford another couch so I don't want to fuck up my covers.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

No but I am goin to try it!! How does her couch look? I saw something on pinterest that involved spraying alcohol & lots of scrubbing. I was going to do it, but ugh it looks time consuming lol

girl_incognito
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

No i don't wash mine, I wipe them down about twice a week with a slightly damp washcloth... with no cleaner, just water

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I was and still do that, but it seems the dirt/stains  compile faster than I can clean.  Maybe I should trade my messy boys for a new couch ( I KID I KID).

Quoting girl_incognito:

No i don't wash mine, I wipe them down about twice a week with a slightly damp washcloth... with no cleaner, just water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN