Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Microfiber Couch Cushion Covers. UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok I am having an arguement with a friend that needs to be settled.

We both have beige microfiber couches. I was talking about getting mine cleaned and she told me to remove the covers and just toss them in the washer.

Everything I have read says not too, but she says she does it all the time and knows a lot of others who does it.

So have you ever taken the covers off and just tossed them in the wash? If so where they hard to get back on? What settings did you use?

UPDATE:  So I decided to try and wash them. and Pray a lot!  Did Cold/Cold rapid wash and then Medium temp dry.

THEY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER!!!  There are some stains that will probably never come out without professional help, but they look better than before.

The L- Shape cushion was a pain in the rear to put the cover back on.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (11-15):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM

bump for update

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I did with my old couch. My new one the covers don't come off so I wipe them down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Did you hang dry them?

No shrinkage?

I also have a beige microfiber couch and loveseat and have been debating washing the covers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM

No I just tossed them in the dryer. The long cushion was a little tight, but it was a pain to pull off also. The 2 squares I got on with very little problem. Biggest problem was the velcro catching on everything.

Just don't put your dryer on high temp.

Quoting atyou:

Did you hang dry them?

No shrinkage?

I also have a beige microfiber couch and loveseat and have been debating washing the covers.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yep, all the time, but I always air dry them. Terrified of the dryer. Oh, and I zip them up before washing so they don't snag or something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)