Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am *PROUD* to be a single mother.

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 3 Replies

In my early 20s my OBGYN told me that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant without medical intervention so when I found out I was pregnant when I was 25 I was shocked! I knew my boyfriend was unfit to be a father but I tried my best to make that relationship work. Finally when my son was 6 months old my ex decided he didn't want to be a dad and hasn't seen my son since. Fast forward 2 years, I reconnect with an old friend and we start dating and get engaged. He was the first and only person I dated since my sons father. After living with my fiance I realized it was all wrong and we weren't meant to be together. He was not good husband or father material (sometimes you have to live with someone to get to really know them). But it was too late, I was pregnant. So much for that medical intervention. It happened while I was switching birth control. So now I am a single mom to 2 amazing and wonderful children. I love them more than anything in the world and wouldn't change a thing. Judge me all you want. Call me a whore or a slut. You can think I'm scaring my babies for life because they don't have a dad but you're wrong. One healthy and happy parent is better that two that hate each other and are miserable. Just because you didn't get pregnant while you were having premarital sex or because you got married because you did does not make you better than me. I plan to remain single for a very long time because I don't need another man thinking that he comes before my children and taking my time away from them. I am a great mom and I'm proud to carry my scarlet letters in a pouch on my chest and another one on my hip. They are human beings, children, my flesh and blood and nothing to be ashamed of. I will continue to hold my head up high.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM

BUMP!

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

good for you, it's important to be a strong, proud mommy.  :)

blakesmommy123
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Its hard to do keep your head up && rock that single parent status girl (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)