Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mardi Gras 2013

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I want to go. Have you went? Where is a good place to stay? Is it just on weekends? I don't know much about it, at all.

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Thibmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I live here in Louisiana. It's probably going to suck this year. It's starting way too early and will probably be freezing during parades. Parades take place on weekends and also on the Monday and Tuesday of Mardi Gras week. I wouldn't know where to stay; I live here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mardi-gras-2013.html

You will probably be able to find better info here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fstysxofthebtt
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I'm looking there right now :)

Quoting Thibmom:

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mardi-gras-2013.html

You will probably be able to find better info here.

daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I go to the Metairie parades since they are family friendly. I stay away from new Orleans parades. I live outside of new Orleans
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girl_incognito
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I live on the coast. We rarely go to the parades. But, did go to a few day parades in New Orleans this year, they were nice, I even took my children to those. They have a lot of parades in Mobile, Al as well. 

Most Mardi Gras parades are on the weekend during the month of Mardi Gras. The whole weekend prior to fat Tuesday is full of parades and that Monday and Tuesday as well. You can stay just about anywhere on the coast and be near parades, just research where you want to go and the find a hotel. Everything is pretty expensive as far as hotels go, but you may luck out in finding something reasonable. Lots of people I know recommend renting a condo (expensive) in the French quarter and that way you are able to party, have access to a bathroom, can watch parades from the balcony of the condo, and avoid the massive crowds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured