Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you be my friend?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I live in Endicott, NY, and I'm horribly depressed.  Except for my SO, I have no other friends and family in this area.  I'm looking for a friend-someone to call/text and just talk to.  This dry heat is making my issues with clinical depression ten times worse. 

I am 38 years old, and I have a 4 year old girl.  I haven't had a friend (other than SO) since I moved here in 2002. 

Can you be my friend?  I'm feeling so depressed.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Thank you all for your replies.  I will be pm'ing you all soon.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Pm me i'll text call u :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marzbar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I live in wisconsin but I'd be happy to talk to you. I left my husband 2 weeks ago and I struggle with loneliness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Sorry you're having a rough time.

It's hard to want to reach out and be friends with someone who seems so gloomy....know what I mean? Tell us about you. What do you like to do? What makes you happy? Etc etc etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I'm sorry, but I am skeptical of someone who comes on CM anon asking for phone numbers.  You may have the best of intentions, but some people don't.  I need to develop a relationship with people on here over an extended period of time first before doing that.  I have been on here for years and very few people have my number.

If you come on here and post and get to know people, you will make friends.

andrea_book
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Send me a pm. Ill be your friend :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
studentteach
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM

You sound like me, except I didn't move far from home. I got married and had children. I can't seem to make any lasting friendships because the people I meet only want to go out and spend money, that I don't have. At least I still have my family close by. Message me anytime. I prefer to get to know my cafemom friends a little more before we exchange phone numbers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)