Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So I meet my husband 4 years ago and we've been married for two. He was exactly what I was looking for. Hard worker, great with kids, loving, and more. We both had dreams to move into a nicer home and have a few more kids. He has a great new job and all he wants to do is spend money. If there is 50 bucks left he wants to spend it. He doesn't want to save anything. He has 1 day off a week and he always goes into work to talk to his friend. Really he sees him everyday. He spends no time with us at all. Our son never sees him anymore. Probably hasn't seen in for more than 10 hours all month. . When he is home he plays computer games. He also has been fighting with me over him wanting to sell the tv we just bought a year ago cause he wants a 3d tv. Even though I don't want a 3d tv at all. He wants to buy all this stuff and not have any savings. He's 40 and he has no pentention and no savings!!! All he wants to do is spend. I know what my decision is but would you stay??? When would it be enough for you. I love him very much but I'm not going to live in this crappy house all my life and have no money cause he wants to spend it all.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I wouldn't stay, I want more from life than that. Sounds like he needs to grow up.
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I would not stay

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM

if we had discussed it repeatedly and the behavior didn't change, I would have to do what's in my best interest.  and I don't think it would be the spending itself that would be the determining factor, but rather his apparent lack of response to an issue that was deeply disturbing to me.  if he can't respect that it upsets you to spend until it's gone, ad he's made no effort to do even a bare minimum of saving, I think that says a lot for your relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)