Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, He Said He Feels Nothing For Me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why does he text and call 5-6 days a week? He doesn't just talk to me for 20 minutes. It's for an hour or two. 

Why has he been sneaking in the word "love" (I.e. "Thank you my love")?

Why has he been reiterating over and over that he has no feelings for me, though he talks to me more than my late husband did?

Why does he call me baby, sweetie, luv (or "love", on "accident")?

At the beginning, he said a sexual relationship is incredibly short-lived, yet, it's been going on for 5 months. And neither of us have any intention of stopping. He told me that he "can't give me up". I can't give him up, either. 

When I told him that I was thinking about breaking it off several weeks ago (because I didn't want to get feelings for someone who had none for me), he sounded shocked, and even upset. 

The last time we DTD, he looked into my eyes after, and asked what i was thinking - which is not something he has ever done. 

And he tickled my feet... He wanted to know if I was ticklish - he asks tons of questions - like he wants to know everything about me. 

Why would you want to know everything about someone you had no feelings for? Why would you regularly talk to someone who was just "sex"? Why would he casually mention the L-word, when I've told him that word scares the crap out of me? 

He tells me one thing, but he acts another way. Maybe he's just more mature than the other casual relationships I've had (I've only had two, and that was before I got married. This is my first pseudo relationship since I was widowed)... But I don't think so. Thoughts?

Btw, these are only facts. I'm leaving out my opinions. If this is just someone who knows how to carry on a romantic as hell casual relationship, I need to end it, because I don't want to care as much about him as I think I'm capable of doing - especially if it's a casual relationship for him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Sounds like he is unsure , it sounds fishy to me. I want to say he is playing games with you, but I don't really know him or y'alls relationship.
Op, five months really isn't that long. I say don't end it, but cut back seeing him. Give more space. Don't push yourself on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marzbar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I've learned guys hate being alone and will tell you what they think you want to hear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM

This Hes just stringing you along.

Quoting marzbar:

Yeah I've learned guys hate being alone and will tell you what they think you want to hear

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM
It's strange if he IS stringing me along, though, because we made it very clear that it was ONLY friendship and sex. And, we ARE close enough in our friendship where I'd like to think that if I were to tell him I was walking away, he'd either a) let me go, or b) give me a damn good reason to stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Sounds hot and temporary for him. Sons like you are already attached.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM

So he tells you what you want to hear (i.e. what he has to tell you in order to get laid)

and then he tells you flat out that he feels nothing for you

Care to guess which one's true???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM
He has told you straight out what he wants. If you don't want to get hurt end it.
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM
You've caught feelings already. He clearly has none. Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself otherwise by looking for hints. Sorry, he's just not that into you. Great book and movie btw. He says what he knows you like to keep you around. If you can't deal with FWB rules, get out now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Well you can go either way with this. Either A- what all the other have said. Just telling you what you want to hear. Or B- it started out as just sex but has gotten further. He may have feelings now but doesn't want to give in since he said he wouldn't. Maybe he's trying to convince himself he doesn't?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I think I'm just going to end it. I just needed people who weren't involved to confirm what I already suspected.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)