Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Last 2 weeks of DH's deployment!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

DH will be home in around 2 weeks time.   We have not seen him since January...  It has not been too bad I suppose,  DD had a lot of issues, I had issues with MIL lol but looking back this year has gone really really fast.  I think back to the morning that we had to drive him into the base at 4am  me and the kids had maccas on the way home lol.  seems like a life time ago yet just yesturday as well.   I am finding these last couple of weeks the hardest of all.  I am feeling really really lonely and teary and just wanting my husband home!!!  DD watched the movie Nims Island the other day, I had gone out with my mum and the kids stayed home with my dad (we went to my parents for school holidays)  when I got home she came running out the door bawling uncontrolably and saying over and over "I want my daddy, I want my daddy" it was just aweful.  apparently in the movie the girls dad leaves (I have not personally seen movie)   and well that just set her off.  We are back at our own home now as the kids go back to school on Tuesday.   I am feeling very flat.  I am just desperate for it to be over.   I better stop now before I end up like my DD :(    Oh and a S/O from the other post.   I have never said I am a single mother, but I have said that I feel like one. 

Hurry up the next 14 sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Yay!!! It gets so hard, the closer it gets :-) I hope these two weeks go fast for you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Yay!!! It gets so hard, the closer it gets :-) I hope these two weeks go fast for you guys!

Yeah it is strange but I feel like it is getting so much harder the closer it gets to him returning.   like I can hardly stand it now!! :(   is this normal??  or am I just a nut case lol

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Hope it goes fast.

Wow your dd goes back to school soon. When did she get out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:01 AM
It is the anticipation! Before, it felt so far away. But now, he is just out of your reach. I think that is pretty normal :-)

Quoting livric:

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Yeah it is strange but I feel like it is getting so much harder the closer it gets to him returning.   like I can hardly stand it now!! :(   is this normal??  or am I just a nut case lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Quoting deadlights86:

Hope it goes fast.

I am in Australia,  they had a 2 week holiday between terms.  They got off school on the 29th June and will return on the 17th July.   They will have another 2 weeks off at the end of September and then out for 9 weeks on the 15th December for the summer.

davidsco
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM
I felt like a single mom while my DH was deployed as well. In that circumstance all of the important decisions are up to you, and you have tor play the role of mom.my nd daddy. Glad he will be home soon
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Oh wow cool. Only place I haven't wanted to visit lol but only cause of the plane ride. Well I hope your 2 weeks go fast. Keep busy and try not to look at the clock to much.

Quoting livric:

Quoting deadlights86:

Hope it goes fast.

I am in Australia,  they had a 2 week holiday between terms.  They got off school on the 29th June and will return on the 17th July.   They will have another 2 weeks off at the end of September and then out for 9 weeks on the 15th December for the summer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Quoting deadlights86:

Oh wow cool. Only place I haven't wanted to visit lol but only cause of the plane ride. Well I hope your 2 weeks go fast. Keep busy and try not to look at the clock to much.

Quoting livric:

Quoting deadlights86:

Hope it goes fast.

Time has slowed down to a crawl lol... every minute seems like an hour!!

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Those last couple weeks are exciting!! The last couple days are almost excruciating though. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Those last couple weeks are exciting!! The last couple days are almost excruciating though. :)

great LOL now I feel soooo much better .     hmmmm it will go fast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)