Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what breed is this? Help please :) PICS

Posted by   + Show Post

My new puppy Kahlua :) Got her a week ago and arent so sure she is what shes ment to be...

What would you say she is?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Replies (71-78):
Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting krunchykorn:

If i be honest with out being bashed... i did make that mistake and shes already growling and barking at the 19month old she only playing but i need to stop her asap and ds barking back isn't helping!

Quoting Tea4Tas:

You need to trainthis kind of dog. You need to be the boss, and he must walk at heel or behind yhou. You must train him to ask before going thru a door, and you MUST be his leader.  Avoid tug of war and games where he will tend to growl (as a puppy at least)-and that last bit of advice is good for any dog-of any breed.

My Aussie never played tug of war until she was over a year old, and old enough to understand she was NOT ever allowed to growl at a person.  AND she knew drop it and leave it.

First. Get kids under control if you can. Teach them (as fast as posible) that the doggie growling means they STOP playing with it and avoid it.  Put the dog in time out for this behavior-tell him no.  It HAS to be stopped when they are young. SHe needs to go to puppy classes when she is 4 months old-preferably one with a savvy trainer who will allow socialization time (so so so important for a pitty)

Drop it- is one thing to work on early as well-and the dog understanding that his food isn't his-it is yours and you can take it away-and when she SITS and waits for it to come back quietly she gets a special treat, and some praise.  IMPERATIVE to teach this to a dog when you have little kids. Bones, balls frisbees, food, socks, toys..whatever-are to be given back on command. Keep treats and things for when you remove things you can't return.

My 9 year old likes to rough house  Drop it shoud become her favorite command-

My 9 year old likes to rough house with my Aussie, and her belly hair is sensitive. If you pull it she will growl or yelp.  He immediately stops and put his hands up-she then licks his face and forgives him.

But Aussies are very different from pit bulls...

krunchykorn
My mum goes by the paw thing aswell the bigger the paws are conpared to her body the bigger she will get !

Quoting renner450:

LOL because of the breed. She could get up to 70-100 pounds(muscular), my brother had one when I was in HS and when I would tell him up he would put his paws on my chest and I could look him straight in the eyes. I'm 5'2''. Also, she has what I call monster paws lol

Quoting krunchykorn:

Why do you think she gonna be big? She weighs 8lbs 2oz lol yes i weighed her like a newborn...

My mother thinks she gonna be huge as well !

Quoting renner450:

Well a Staffordshire IS a Terrier. Which is why she looks like a pitbull. She looks purebred. She is gonna get huge.

Quoting krunchykorn:

Shes ment to be a PUREBRED American staffy... but Im thinking pitbull i dont care really besides pittys are ban in aussie and i paid alot for her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
1 mom liked this

This is a picture of some American Pitbull Terriers, which apparently, is an official breed now.

renner450
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Yeah that's how I had always thought too, until I saw the gator paws on my friends basset hound. Those are some huge paws lol

Quoting krunchykorn:

My mum goes by the paw thing aswell the bigger the paws are conpared to her body the bigger she will get !

Quoting renner450:

LOL because of the breed. She could get up to 70-100 pounds(muscular), my brother had one when I was in HS and when I would tell him up he would put his paws on my chest and I could look him straight in the eyes. I'm 5'2''. Also, she has what I call monster paws lol

Quoting krunchykorn:

Why do you think she gonna be big? She weighs 8lbs 2oz lol yes i weighed her like a newborn...

Quoting renner450:

Well a Staffordshire IS a Terrier. Which is why she looks like a pitbull. She looks purebred. She is gonna get huge.

Quoting krunchykorn:

Shes ment to be a PUREBRED American staffy... but Im thinking pitbull i dont care really besides pittys are ban in aussie and i paid alot for her.

samanthaleah84
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I would say there's some pitty in her.
krunchykorn
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Thats how i remember my grandparents dog, bull mastiff x great dane x some other massive dog lol his paws were like a loins and hes massive! Cool doggie though lol

Quoting renner450:

Yeah that's how I had always thought too, until I saw the gator paws on my friends basset hound. Those are some huge paws lol

Quoting krunchykorn:

Quoting renner450:

Quoting krunchykorn:

Quoting renner450:

Quoting krunchykorn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinlife0607
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

pit maybe...or a stafford shire terrior... ??

She's soooooo adorable!!! :) 

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

IF she is purebred, she won't be a massive dog, but they are a very solid dog.  A staffy only gets about 17-19 inches at the shoulder, but they are all muscle, and would weigh about 70 pounds at the larger height.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN