Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband is giving me the silent treatment. Today is the second day of no words... LOL  Im not very good at being silent. 

So do you give your spouse the silent treatment? Do you last long? How long is the longest for you? Do you feel its an effective way to diffuse an argument?

ginnjuice

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we don't do that.     I would break him of that little habit quickly.    I would take the kids and go somewhere overnight.   Let him come home to an empty house while I am chillin on the beach.....bet I would get a call or text quickly!      Or go to a car lot and text him a picture of you and the car you are about to purchase.....he will respond!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM

My aunt is getting it.  I usually don't do well because i'm not usually mad at someone for a long time.  I'm childish but I know that will get her ;)

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM
i would talk even more lol

Quoting brettsmomma:

Im not giving him the silent treatment he is giving it to me lol

Quoting kngarber:

Hell no....you never give a man the silent treatment....thats like a reward. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I used to. It was more like me being so damn mad at him I couldn't talk or else we would be going for another round of arguments.

However, the longer I'm in the relationship, the more I've relaxed. I just don't care about arguments that much anymore. We always eventually come to some kind of compromise. We always make up. An argument won't split us up. So what do I care? It's just another argument. Let him bitch and blow off the steam and just wait for it to reach the compromise time, and after that is sexy time. Yay! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

ya we do that. usually it only lasts for a few hours tho. I think the longest it lasted was a few days. but thats if we have a really nasty horrible fight. which doesn't happen often. in 10 years I think its only happened twice maybe. but its not like we are giving eachother the silent treatment. its just that we need time to cool off and think. we will both talk to our son. just not eachother. it happens. not often tho. usually we talk it out and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I'm not getting the silent treatment persay but he is being sneaky today and all I am getting is "i'll tell you when I get home" its driving me NUTS
AmberMerrell
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I can't give dh the silent treatment, but he does it to me. The longest has just been barely a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No- bc I am married to an adult....

areles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM

i hate the silent treatment.  i never start it, but my husband is a PRO.   he doesn't do it often, but when he does... argh.

it usually does diffuse the argument, if only because once i stop trying to cajole him out of it and am like 'fine,' and ignore him too, he can't stand it and gets over whatever his malfunction was.  then he's all sweet.

it's a technique i revile.  it's petty and stupid and juvenile. 

sorry, hubs.  but i've said this to your face, too.  ;)

foxysugarlove
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's effective or mature. We've given each other space for a few hours but we come back together and talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)