Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Husband is giving me the silent treatment. Today is the second day of no words... LOL  Im not very good at being silent. 

So do you give your spouse the silent treatment? Do you last long? How long is the longest for you? Do you feel its an effective way to diffuse an argument?

ginnjuice

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM

what a pussy

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM

So am I. Just because he has one bad habit doesn't make him an immature irresponsible person. My OP stated this is the first argument in a year we have had...  O.o

Quoting tginn20:

No- bc I am married to an adult....

ginnjuice

-MidnightKarma-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No we dont give each other the silent treatment. It is counterproductive. We talk things out like adults.

bozobean
by Jennifer on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I've babysat toddlers who were more reasonable than that. I can understand being silent and moody for a half hour, maybe an hour until he calms down if he's pissed off, but longer than that, unless you've done something truly devastating to him, he's just a passive-aggressive, emotionally abusive jerk.

mom2alyssa_h
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Yup, my husband gives me the silent treatment when he gets mad, so I just tease him about being a 5 year old and talk that much more....lol

jillplusleigha
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

The silent treatment just causes hurt feelings by shutting someone out and it doesn't resolve anything. He should just say what's bothering him so everyone can just move on.

Refurbished
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

http://thefocusonthefamily.wordpress.com/2008/07/17/the-too-common-abusive-silent-treatment/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM

SO can give me the silent treatment.. but if we go a day without him touching me (even just hugging me, hand on my waist, etc)- i will go crazy.

i dont really give the silent treatment, but there are times when i go really quiet or speak as little as i can. within a week, i barely speak over 50 weeks... last time i was actually QUIET-- a group of friends played the silent game. i went over 4 hrs without talking- i was 8 years old... and i've only grown quieter through the years. lol i hate talking.

its not effective towards an argument, but sometimes for me- i just need to be quiet. this time around, we werent even arguing... SO is teh opposite.. if we are arguing, he wants to figure out whats wrong right then and there

AquarianPath
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
My dh has three younger sisters. The silent treatment doesn't phase him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

The silent treatment is abuse.  It is a passive agressive way to force the other person to do whatever you want or face being ostracized.  When someone is giving the silent treatment, they are 100% concerned about their own wants and needs and have 0% concern for the other person.  People who use this often as a control tactic are abusers, often using other types of manipulation and control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN