Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (121-130):
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

My 4 year old daughter has gotten SSI since she was 2...she automatically got it.....she is majorly delayed in every aspect.....has sensory processing disorder (which is a lot like autism), anxiety, etc......it's easier for children to get SSI then adults....and kids with delays and learning problems normally don't have a hard time getting it...especialy if it's major condition.

SmilingPanda
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
My dad has it because of being severly over weight. Yeah stupid...I know. He and his wife also own not one but 2 business' And own 5 acres of land (which he just recently paid a butt ton of money to have a pond built on) oh and not to mention both of the buldings they have their stores in...yeah they own both of them too. Yet my SIL who has epilepsy and can not drive due to it still cant get it. She had her first bad seizure at only two weeks old. It makes me sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kybelle
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

My sister gets a SSI check. She's bi-polar and Schizophrenic with a multiple personality disorder and 3 degenerated disk in her back. She will be 25 in october. 

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Quoting ElitestJen:

Believe what you want. It sure as Hell wasn't easy for me to get ssdi, and I have a lot of problems. Have you personally gone though it? Do you work in social security?
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Laziness.

Not always. My cousins have a sever case of Aarskogs or something like that. They have never worked a day in their life. They are unable to work, drive, or even to live alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Severe Epilepsy that came on after the first born child. This is my niece she was 21. She can't work but has a major support system. Should she not get SSI? Would you rather her collect PA and FS?

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM
3 moms liked this

oh I dont think you could ever be called a cunt enough times to satisfy just how cunty you are

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting shivasgirl:

your a cunt...bless your heart

I think someone already said that.  Insult fail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Down Syndrome/Autism.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM
It is not always easy to get disability. I work with a woman whose husband has severe heart problems. All of his life he worked, even while going through multiple heart surgeries. He finally got a pacemaker, but due to the condition of his heart they had to attach it to his hip. No one will hire him becasue of this. It's too much of a safety risk. He had to fight for disability for five years.
ElitestJen
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Believe what you want. It sure as Hell wasn't easy for me to get ssdi, and I have a lot of problems. Have you personally gone though it? Do you work in social security?

What was hard about it?  Filling out hte paperwork?  Going to doctor's appointments?  Or waiting?  Please, tell me the "hard" part.  Not the tedious.  Not the annoying.  Not the frustrating.  The actual difficulty....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)