Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (131-140):
Decker
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
If you feel so strongly why hide behind the anon feature
ElitestJen
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Quoting shivasgirl:

oh I dont think you could ever be called a cunt enough times to satisfy just how cunty you are

That's probably true.  And oddly satisfying....

:-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Hmmmm really??? Its that easy REALLY??? Lets see I have had my 3 doctors say I am disabled I have gone through all the hoops seen all the SSI doctors and they say the I'm not disabled. I have Lupus and several other RA problems. I am 37 and have to fight everyday because I can't get SSI I'm on so many medications it takes me 10 mins to take all my meds then I have to make it through 40 hours a week where come my 2 days off I'm in bed to recoup.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting ElitestJen:

It isn't easy you have to actually be disabled. The people that need it far out weigh the people that are trying to cheat the system.

LOL  No, you don't actually have to be disabled.  You just have to have a doctor's signature.  And appeal enough times. 

Tressakim
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

My son has Down's syndrome.  They are immediately accepted.

My brothers were just screwed up.  My brother does supposedly have bipolar and refuses to take his meds.  My little brother had behavior issues, was put on drugs that messed him up more, and my mom claims he can't take care of himself and he needs it.  I see a lot where people just refused to take care of their mental health issues.  I was sexually abused as a child and have severe anxiety issues, I have to have someone take care of me so I don't get stressed, but I still work, even though I could probably work the system.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quoting ElitestJen:

Wow you're a bitch, how about I just say difficult and frustrating, because I needed medical so that I could work on getting better so I can eventually go back to work.
ElitestJen
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmm really??? Its that easy REALLY??? Lets see I have had my 3 doctors say I am disabled I have gone through all the hoops seen all the SSI doctors and they say the I'm not disabled. I have Lupus and several other RA problems. I am 37 and have to fight everyday because I can't get SSI I'm on so many medications it takes me 10 mins to take all my meds then I have to make it through 40 hours a week where come my 2 days off I'm in bed to recoup.

You have to be unemployed for 6 months.  Other than that....just keep appealing.  Eventually, you'll get in front of a judge and they'll rubber stamp it.

And honestly, if you can work 40hrs.....then you're not disabled.  Your recoup time doesn't count.  Just whether or not you can work.  You clearly can.

ElitestJen
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Wow you're a bitch, how about I just say difficult and frustrating, because I needed medical so that I could work on getting better so I can eventually go back to work.

What is difficult?! 

SSDI is permanent.  You're not supposed to get it unless you're permanently disabled. 

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Not just anyone can get disability. It is very difficult to get so if they have it it's a good enough reason that is really non of your damn business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I'm not on it but it isn't any of your business as to why people are. Just because your a tax payer doesn't mean your obligated to people's medical history. Get your head out of your ass
PestPatti
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quote:

Supplemental Security Income is provided to the aged (65 years or older), blind or disabled who are not considered β€œinsured” by the Federal government but need cash assistance to meet their minimum monthly expenses. 

Supplemental Security Income is a β€œneeds” based program and is only provided to claimants who have VERY limited income and resources and who meet additional non-economic considerations. Claimants who are attempting to qualify for SSI due to a disability must also be unable to work for at least 12 continuous months.

I guess laziness and some of the other dumbass response are clueless...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN