Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (71-80):
candyr20
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM
If the government isn't taking your money and putting it here it would still be taken!! No need to make the good and deserving suffer for the abusers they will get what they deserve in more ways than one. But people with these chips that noone deserve help from there pockets are self righteous and unrealistic I will reiterate you will pay no matter what and you have no choice to where or how your money is distributed!!!
Signed
A loyal taxpayer since the tender age of 15 :-) with 2 kids and no government assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aubreyluv
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Thanks. It sucks. It has been 18 months and still hurts like it happened yesterday.

Quoting thetrollcat:

So sorry for your loss :(

Quoting aubreyluv:

My son received up until he passed away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
My friends son gets it. He has epilipsey. He has sometimes 75+ staring seizures a day. I know she would love for her son to be healthy enough to get a job and live a normal life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

So because you're pissed off or jealous of this ONE person who YOU know for a fact is scamming the system, you're going to come on here and demand to know what every person on CM who gets SSI is on it for?  Get over it.  And like someone else said, how muh of YOUR tax dollar goes to one disabled person?

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I get ssdi and ssi I worked for 6 years before I could no longer work. I am 23. I have a disease that I slowly lose normal use of my extremities as nerves degenerate and muscles weaken because the affected nerves no longer stimulate the muscles. I also have some loss of sensory nerve functions. I have hip dysplasia that still has not been corrected so I need a hip replacement even after a hip and pelvis surgery to try and correct the problem. I have a screw that is grinding on the bone along with bone to bone grind due to loss of cartilage over years of damage done by my walking. My hip keeps popping out of place even though it shouldn't. I would be a very unreliable worker because how I am going to be pain wise during the day is unpredictable. I can't sit stand or walk for more then 30 minutes, I am constantly having to change positions. I can lift things. I don't really get much in ssi though I get most from ssdi so I had more then enough work credits just had minimum wage jobs. After a hip replacement and pt I am going to try my hardest to go back to work.
Yet honestly it is none of your business why someone can't work. You sound like a real bitch with this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM
My dad is severely disabled. He can barely walk and has a twisted back. He was denied 3x for state disability because he has no work credits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Im 33 on disability becuz i broke my back in 5 places and severed my spin... but im geussing that is still it the wroung for u to pay for me to live...
girlcarrot
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I know two people are on SSI due to "Eye problems" because of computers.

give me a fucking break and put on some glasses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this

there are hippa laws in place to prevent nosey ass people like you from finding out what is on peoples medical records to avoid predjudice from people like you. its none of your buisness and there are even laws that protect our rights to say its none of your buisness.

aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM
That's so great, I hate when they know they are different and feel bad about it. I hope he always knows how special he is!!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting aschwarz06:

That's really sad. I hope he catches up enough to at least be able to enjoy life. Maybe not completly independant, you know what I mean, I can't word it

Quoting mich.el.le:

My nephew is on SSI and will be for the rest of his life.  He was born early and has severe delays in all areas.  He's 6 and says a few words (they sound like baby words though, ''mama'', ''nuh-nuh-nuh is no'', etc), can't run, isn't potty trained and though he will still progress he'll likely never get to the point where he is mature enough to hold a job.

I know what you mean.  He's not even aware that he's different though.  He's a very sweet, very happy little boy. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)