Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a young person on SSI (meaning you never worked long enough to get job credits) exactly what is your disablity?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think because the taxpayers are paying for YOU when you never worked or only worked  a little, we should know what it is. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
whatever the reason is it is NOT your business. nosy ass bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Worry about yourself. Pinche chismosa!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Haha, true. 

You brought up an interesting point though. And that is: with all the insults and attacking and bashing on here, particularly with the ssd/ssi issue , does anyone who asks exactly this type of question, stop and think that something they say to someone might just push them over the edge??  I undertsand you were just saying jump off a cliff to make a point and no offense to you at all anon, but seriously.... wow.  I never gave it that much thought till now but it could very well happen!  How fucking sad.  Someone with a disability that's not good enough for the judges of CM such as the op, could really flip out over some of the comments made here and try to hurt themself.  It's not that far fetched of an idea IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Didn't you know the op is the new supreme ruler of ssi and disability benefits,  if she doesn't deem you worthy you must immediately go fling yourself off the nearest cliff!  Seriously though I think she is just nosy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I get disability benefits, not ssi.  But what business is it of yours what the reason is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You make a good point,  I wasn't saying anyone should jump off a cliff though,  I was just saying the op is being extreme in a smart ass way,  I can't stand most of the judging that goes on here you can't really judge someone else when they haven't been in your shoes,  know what I mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha, true. 

You brought up an interesting point though. And that is: with all the insults and attacking and bashing on here, particularly with the ssd/ssi issue , does anyone who asks exactly this type of question, stop and think that something they say to someone might just push them over the edge??  I undertsand you were just saying jump off a cliff to make a point and no offense to you at all anon, but seriously.... wow.  I never gave it that much thought till now but it could very well happen!  How fucking sad.  Someone with a disability that's not good enough for the judges of CM such as the op, could really flip out over some of the comments made here and try to hurt themself.  It's not that far fetched of an idea IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

Didn't you know the op is the new supreme ruler of ssi and disability benefits,  if she doesn't deem you worthy you must immediately go fling yourself off the nearest cliff!  Seriously though I think she is just nosy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I get disability benefits, not ssi.  But what business is it of yours what the reason is?

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Interesting. Well If i happen to run into someone who might apply for SSI or disability I will let them know to run it by you first to see if they are worthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Misshapen spine
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

My DH is on SSDI and my children also get a benefits check. He is 30 and a medically retired veteran. He has PTSD, depression, anxiety, asthma, vertigo, a head injury, problems with his knees, a wrist injury (he had surgery to remove an artery and has very little feeling in that hand), hearing loss, chronic migraines, insomnia, and lung damage in addition to his asthma......I think that covers it....do you deem him worthy of benefits or should be attempt to get a job where he can injure himself further?

Rileygirl11
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

You know its not SSI that bothers me. its welfare! Yes people need help from time to time. but get the help you and to get back on your feet and get off of it. and ACTUALLY work on getting off of it. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Yes Im sure the SS office just hands out money to every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to be lazy

Quoting ElitestJen:

Laziness.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

my dd gets a dependent check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN