Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feel bad to formula feed :/ (edit)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies

My son is 2 weeks old and we have been breast feeding size day 1. I love the experience but I have been thinking about switching to formula.

I have attempted to pump so my daughter and SO can enjoy the experience of feeding him, I know my SO would really like that bonding experience but I can't seem to pump anything - 2oz max. My daughter is always asking if she could help feed baby brother since she is a big sister but she cant. Another reason is attempting to get anything done - it is difficult with a baby attached to your chest.

There are several reasons why I want to switch over but deep down, I feel guilty ;/ Part of me wants to and another part of me is really skeptical :(((

Sighhhh

Question:
If you EBF, how do you manage to have any outings w/o baby? A date with SO, a lunch w/ friends, etc?

A little something to add:
And I must have known that this was going to create such hostility. Thank God for the Anonymous button or I am sure I would have received an inbox of hate mail by now. Goodness, it really isn't necessary. If you want to get your point across, coming off as a complete c*** doesn't get the job done. -- obviously I am skeptical for a reason. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM
16 moms liked this

Make your own decision and step away from cm. You will most likely only find a lot of women trying to validate themselves by attempting to make you feel guilty and themselves better.

My advice is to do what is best for you and your family.

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM
6 moms liked this
Feeding is not the only way to bond with a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.kidz
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this
2 oz per pumping session is more than enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM
If you don't want to then don't. There are other ways for dad and siblings to bond.and honestly little kids shouldn't feed newborns anyway.

And in all honesty, newborns need to be held. You'd be doing that regardless of how you feed. Just get a carrier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this
This is true. You gotta build up your supply.

Quoting i.love.my.kidz:

2 oz per pumping session is more than enough.
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oatmeal & fenugreek helps increase your supply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monamou
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Whatever works for u although 2 oz is more than enough. My 6mo only eats 3oz of milk when my mom feeds him. Electric pumps are way better than hand. I bought the tommy tippee and its awesome. Its ok to formula feed tho. It doesnt make u a bad mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I formula fed both my kids.... what is so wrong about it? Yeah, breast milk is better, but i just chose not to. My kids were still fed and healthy. No serious issues. People that get sooo defensive over breast feeding drives me crazy.

cLanief
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this
they can wait till baby is older. Its only 2 weeks old and your milk supply is still building as the baby gets older and needs more. Do what YOU feel is right. Not what other people want to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You are awesome.

Quoting Momniscient:

Make your own decision and step away from cm. You will most likely only find a lot of women trying to validate themselves by attempting to make you feel guilty and themselves better.

My advice is to do what is best for you and your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN