Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS is why you shouldn't extended breastfeed!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Teaching nursing manners is a pain in the butt boob!!!! lol  Share your nursing pics (good and bad lol)!!

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (261-270):
nroth1991
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I plan on extend breastfeeding my son, but slowly weaning him before age 3 and I'm thinking about giving him expressed breastmilk in a sippy cup for a while longer, i know how some people get when they find out you are still breastfeeding. Atticus is only 5 mo but  i want my son to continue to get the nutrients from breastmilk.

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Still trying to get use to seeing people bf toddlers :/ I just can't help but find it disturbing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Same here, although I DID try pumping (mine have all been NICU babies so couldnt do it any other way) and didn't really get anything and was in a TON of pain so I just gave up and said screw it and now when this baby arrives it's not even an option to try because of medications I'll be back on :/

Quoting _diva_:

:( I wish I would have breast fed. I was so uncomfortable with it. I wish I just would have tried :(

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I personally would consider it full term if the child was nursed two years or more or self weaned. Pregnancy has a more set end time than nursing, kwim?

Quoting sweetmomma326:

So, would you call it full term breastfeeding??

Quoting lalaboosh:

Ugh, it's tough.

BTW can we stop calling it 'extended?' We don't call full term pregnancies 'extended.'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NollynsMommy14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM

This literally sounds like we ARE talking about a house cat, or an animal. It's her son. Her child. Lol you didn't let your kids crawl up on your lap and cuddle as they get/got older? 

Quoting Aspirel:

How old is your LO? I don't think I would like someone that big climbing on me lol.Its bad enough my cat climbs all over me.:p

NollynsMommy14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's so sad how this country has warped our minds with delivering helpful healthy benefits to children? I mean even if some try to wrap their heads around it, they can't. It's honestly sad :( 

Quoting jamieharper08:

Still trying to get use to seeing people bf toddlers :/ I just can't help but find it disturbing.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so excited to have made it 4 months with him! My oldest I made it 9 months, my second I only made it 6 months, so I was terrified I wouldn't be able to nurse long with him but I've kept a strict on demand feeding and no bottles! I'm hoping to nurse him as long as he will
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM

LOL at all the babies getting ninny (that's what we call it) My dd was standing getting ninny trying to watch TV at the same time :/ She was 20 months old. She just turned two and will not give it up. 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I wish I could like this comment 100 times more =)

Quoting NollynsMommy14:

It's so sad how this country has warped our minds with delivering helpful healthy benefits to children? I mean even if some try to wrap their heads around it, they can't. It's honestly sad :( 

Quoting jamieharper08:

violetlady
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I wish I had a picture with me I even breastfeed my first son while I was pregnant with my second. I breastfeed both for a year and a half .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured