Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS is why you shouldn't extended breastfeed!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Teaching nursing manners is a pain in the butt boob!!!! lol  Share your nursing pics (good and bad lol)!!

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (261-270):
nroth1991
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I plan on extend breastfeeding my son, but slowly weaning him before age 3 and I'm thinking about giving him expressed breastmilk in a sippy cup for a while longer, i know how some people get when they find out you are still breastfeeding. Atticus is only 5 mo but  i want my son to continue to get the nutrients from breastmilk.

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Still trying to get use to seeing people bf toddlers :/ I just can't help but find it disturbing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Same here, although I DID try pumping (mine have all been NICU babies so couldnt do it any other way) and didn't really get anything and was in a TON of pain so I just gave up and said screw it and now when this baby arrives it's not even an option to try because of medications I'll be back on :/

Quoting _diva_:

:( I wish I would have breast fed. I was so uncomfortable with it. I wish I just would have tried :(

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I personally would consider it full term if the child was nursed two years or more or self weaned. Pregnancy has a more set end time than nursing, kwim?

Quoting sweetmomma326:

So, would you call it full term breastfeeding??

Quoting lalaboosh:

Ugh, it's tough.

BTW can we stop calling it 'extended?' We don't call full term pregnancies 'extended.'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NollynsMommy14
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM

This literally sounds like we ARE talking about a house cat, or an animal. It's her son. Her child. Lol you didn't let your kids crawl up on your lap and cuddle as they get/got older? 

Quoting Aspirel:

How old is your LO? I don't think I would like someone that big climbing on me lol.Its bad enough my cat climbs all over me.:p

NollynsMommy14
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's so sad how this country has warped our minds with delivering helpful healthy benefits to children? I mean even if some try to wrap their heads around it, they can't. It's honestly sad :( 

Quoting jamieharper08:

Still trying to get use to seeing people bf toddlers :/ I just can't help but find it disturbing.

Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so excited to have made it 4 months with him! My oldest I made it 9 months, my second I only made it 6 months, so I was terrified I wouldn't be able to nurse long with him but I've kept a strict on demand feeding and no bottles! I'm hoping to nurse him as long as he will
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM

LOL at all the babies getting ninny (that's what we call it) My dd was standing getting ninny trying to watch TV at the same time :/ She was 20 months old. She just turned two and will not give it up. 

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I wish I could like this comment 100 times more =)

Quoting NollynsMommy14:

It's so sad how this country has warped our minds with delivering helpful healthy benefits to children? I mean even if some try to wrap their heads around it, they can't. It's honestly sad :( 

Quoting jamieharper08:

violetlady
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I wish I had a picture with me I even breastfeed my first son while I was pregnant with my second. I breastfeed both for a year and a half .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)