Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think that blended families

Posted by   + Show Post
Are sad.

I would never have a family with stepparents, half siblings, etc. nor would I ever share my kids with stepparents and kids from other stepparents marriages. I don't know how anyone could stand that.

First off I am not saying you shouldnt do it I am saying I never wld. If my dh god forbid died or cheated or suddenly a kid popped up with his DNA I would leave and take my kids with me. And I would focus on my kids, focus on working, focus on my pets, my home, etc. I wouldnt date again or marry or anything.

This is just me. I see so many blended families and they are miserable. Fighting, crying, screamingm accusing, arguing about the kids, the exes, etc. I know a lot of u r saying

Hey our blended family is awesome and happy. Some of u r telling the truth but I believe that a lot of u aren't being honest. Jmho.
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
mummy1990
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Whatever.

mom2cheesebug
1 mom liked this

I love my stepkids and they love their baby siblings. They don't know my kids as "half" siblings, its their blood, their family, and they know me as family just without the title "mom". We act as a whole family, no one gets treated differently, there is nothing sad about it.

Mj1978mom
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my dh is the love of my life. If he cheated I'd leave but I wouldn't date again.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Right...never say never...

Quoting Mj1978mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

So if your DH passed away what would you do?

I would never date let alone marry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I have 3 siblings who may be my 1/2 siblings but I adore them and would not want a life without them.
yaya89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Its challenging but life aint perfect and you just gotta roll with it. If you saw us on the street you wouldnt know we were a blended family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mj1978mom
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Quoting Kylie819:

What would you do if you found out your DH had a child that neither of you knew about? From before you were together?

I would leave with our kids a and never come back
MollyJmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Wow get over yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I think I mostly agree with you. My family life was hell because my mother couldn't commit to one man... She was married 3 times to the wrong men.
As for me, I found the right man and I'm still with him and all of my children I have had with him. He messed up though, and had a kid very young with another woman, so we are paying for it now.
Blended families are most definitely a challenge. I think it would be so much better for everyone involved if people just stopped having babies with people they didn't foresee forever with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I love my blended family. I think you are sad and have a one track mind
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)